• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Medallions d20 Modern (Update Wednesday 09-20-06)

ledded

Herder of monkies
Great update Drew! Fabulous! I can almost taste the blood again, and see all the scratch marks through my Vitality Points! :)

Peterson said:
A slew of brilliant flavoring - Seduction Secrets, Star Wars quotes, Fast Food Runs, etc.

Yeah I never thought that in-character Willie would ever have a need to speak geek a la Star Wars quotes. But to be honest, Willie had to start borrowing DVD's and comics from Joe so he could just communicate with him...

Willie: "Okay Joe, we need to establish a 3-point surveillance perimeter on the perp's vehicle, with us bein' the close tail man..."

Joe: "Huh? Whatsa-whosey? Whaddid you say Willie?"

Willie: "<sigh> You remember innat Matrix 2 movie, on the highway when them dudes with the dreads were like all up on the heroes, and them pasty agent cats were like hangin' back and takin' over folks and closin' in and cuttin' them off and stuff?"

Joe: "Oh *yeah* man! Sweet, that was the part..."

Willie: "Yeah, well, we da dudes with the dreads, dig? Now hit it Pillsbury!"

Joe: "<rolls eyes> Hell Willie, why didn't you just *say* so...<VROOM>"

And don't be too hard on Joe, later in the campaign he chases some guys in a stolen vehicle that very nearly gets him killed, and ends up covered in his own urine, while Brother Cooper and Willie are sitting at a Sonic Drive thru dicussing the merits of tater tots and whether hamburgers should have mayo on them or not.

Gina said:
Poor Willie! I do so love him. But then , being a chick, I suppose that goes with the territory, now doesn't it!
Well, he *is* the private **** that gets all the chicks.
He's one baaaad mutha-shutyomouth... jus' talkin' bout Willie... :)

Gina said:
YAY! An update, enough to make me long for more and to worry about dear Willie and his clever plan going awry because of Joe's short attention span!!!
Oh hell, I wouldnt ever really call the stuff Willie does a plan, more like a series of rash and usually self-destructive actions that are taken in the absense of, or in lieu of, of a decent plan.

Funny though, after all this time Crystal has a saying every time something like this happens (at least once or twice an episode, it seems):

"Yeah Willie, I got your back, but I can get it just fine from waaaaay over here, ok?"

As many times as we, as a group of players, tried the Monkey-pile tactic in D&D on enemy spellcasters, I was totally unprepared for it to happen to me :)

Peterson said:
Oh, and are we going to get to see more Voodoo Magic?
Oh, just wait. The PC's end up with quite a few wide and varied powers with which to injure, frighten, immolate, nauseate, or drive themselves insane with. And sometimes they work on the bad guys too!

Pierce said:
I think all there are in Medallions are cliffhangers. Sometimes literally :)
Oh man, don't remind me of that one.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Len said:
Now that's something to look forward to. :p

Actually, by some crazy method OldDrewId has made it so that it's so much more fun when you throw a spell and it has some reasonably mundane effect by D&D standards, but your PC begins hearing voices, his legs go numb, he shoots blood out of an ear, loses the sight in one eye, and then coughs up a chunk of something that looks a lot like his pancreas.

Of course, we've also had in-character arguments over who gets the nicer stick...

Go figure. :)

I can't tell you how many times someone has cast a spell at a key moment and then promptly failed some check and knocked themselves unconscious/nearly killed themself in the middle of combat, or worse yet, dropped out and then lost control of something. Something bad.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Drew, lest you think your story hour goes unnoticed through the lack of responses, ;) let me say I love this one, and it's one of the very few I follow regularly when it gets updated. This is an awesome story, I hope to keep seeing more!

darkbard

Legend
ditto to what henry said. i'm still here eagerly awaiting each update and loving every one.

keep it coming and thanks again to you and the players for such a great tale!

recursive_1

First Post
Wow! Great stuff, simply great.

I have to confess I figured Drew was busy with other stuff and there wasn't going to be anymore updates.

I also love the dialog between Joe and Willie on the disguise, absolutely hilarious.

Looks like Willie/Leded is also (inadvertantly?) quoting Pulp Fiction as well with the "...I'll kill ever last motherf**king one of yous...".

Last edited:

Pierce

First Post
recursive_1 said:
Wow! Great stuff, simply great.

I have to confess I figured Drew was busy with other stuff and there wasn't going to be anymore updates.

I also love the dialog between Joe and Willie on the disguise, absolutely hilarious.

Looks like Willie/Leded is also (inadvertantly?) quoting Pulp Fiction as well with the "...I'll kill ever last motherf**king one of yous...".

Willie's quotes are never inadvertant.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads