• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Medallions d20 Modern (Update Wednesday 09-20-06)

TDRandall

Explorer
Third page! What is this doing so far down? * Casts "bump to top" *

Since I have made it to the current end of the thread, I figured I would appear long enough to echo the chorus and say that I'm enjoying the stories along with everyone else. Great characters, great events, great chills!

Which means I now must also join the choir and start chanting for more!

* Attempts to cast "induce update" in the general Alabama direction before arranging his leather cap, scarf and goggles and setting his butt back on top of the large rocket with 'MEDALLIONS" on its side. Gives it a kick and says "giddyup", hoping to ignite the fuse, before he slowly fades away with his cloaking device now fully reactivated. *

Pierce

First Post
Quick player update: we're in the middle of the Season Finale and just wrapped an incredible firefight. Hopefully one day everyone will get to read about it :)

Trust me, I bug Drew constantly about writing updates - it just seems like the past few months have been a constant explosion at the workplace. If we could clone him....

ledded

Herder of monkies
Player update, part 2.

To further elaborate on Pierce's description, in said killer combat not only did he run me over with a car, but it was *my own car* and came almost as close as we have gotten in Medallions to a TPK. *Every* character took a lot of damage, and several were very close to the proverbial end. Taylor 2 was nearly killed before he ever got out of his chair and onto his flat-feet.

And for OldDrewId's RBDMedness... there was one point where there was a conversation that went a little like this:

me: "Man, I have this spell that would be really useful fighting the bbeg right now, but..."
fludogg: "But what? Can you bust up his evil magic dohickey effect that is annoying us so much? Jeez man you gotta help me out here..."
me: "Well, yeah, I mean maybe, but it costs me a little..."
fludogg: "Like what?"
me: "Put it this way. There's a very good chance I could die, or be rendered comatose in the middle of this very intense combat. And that's if it works."
fludogg: "Ah. And if it doesnt?"
me: "Oh, it gets *much* worse from there."
fludogg: "Mmm-hmm. One of those spells that you dont exactly want to cast in the middle of combat"

I swear, I looked over at our very own king RBDM, and could have sworn I detected a tear of proud accomplishment. Give players magic so wicked but to make them so afraid of it that they hesitate to cast it even when it might save their life... now THAT's the RBDM's RBDM.

And yes, we do bug ol' Drew. Often.

Like when he came in my office the other day and said "Hey, what's up man?" and I responded with "Oh, just sittin' here wishing you'd write a freakin' update".

Unfortunately, that's about as much free time as the man has had lately.

TDRandall, I laughed myself stupid at your strange imagery there man. Very Slim Pickens of you.

Len said:
one of him could run the zombies and the other could do the giant spiders.

Oh, those are the tamest and *least* disturbing things he's thrown at us. *Shudder*

Last edited:

Omega Lord

First Post
Huzah for updates!

You guys really do have an amazing chemistry if these transcriptions are any indicator. I think I know a few "Joe's" IRL. *shudder*
;)

Arkhandus

First Post
'Tis a crime how long the Medallions group has been away from page 1 with updates. :D Mustn't let you drift any further down the pages! */me invokes Willie to use that voodoo magic and make Drew update*

Remove ads