• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Medallions d20 Modern (Update Wednesday 09-20-06)

Eyas

First Post
GM Iago said:
If I can pop another question into the fray, has the group/plotline gone back to any of the people/places that they've already encountered? You're style in this game seems, thus far (though I know we're only up to Episode #2) to be single-shot adventures. I was wondering if you (or the part-time DM's) have connected any of the Yet-To-Be-Seen episodes to the old ones. I saw a couple of leads in the first episode that never got mentioned again or I plainly forgot about (it has been a while since I've read them, which reminds me to go back there).

I ask because, when I formulate a game, I tend to give it an over-arching plotline while sprinkling several smaller side-adventures into the fray. I saw, in the initial Episode, a great opportunity there to give the game an over-all plot in dealing with the Big Bosses and CEO's of the hospital.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble and I wanna stop right now before I get lost.

Thanks for the great update!!

PS - Love the railroading/train tracks/train analogy.

Oh yes, OldDrewId loves plot hooks. So much so that, things that seem innocent enough will come back to haunt you. Then again, like masocist, we keep feeding him more hooks as well as gleefully taking the bait on the hooks he has already set.

threshel

First Post
:cool:

Very, very, :cool:

I'll be back for more. I just read the whole thing non-stop. Except for necessity breaks, I couldn't turn away.

Ah, yes, to be a RBDM... :]

J

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Old Drew Id said:
Anyway, now I'm rambling... thanks for reading, and stay tuned for the next update, where the group finds out the bad news.

Oh hell, I can guess what is going to happen! Mrs. Weaver is 'pregnant'!!!!

Giant-mind controlling spiders on the loose...AAAAAAHHHHH!

*Runs around screaming with arms waving wildly in the air*

That would make me fail a Sanity roll for sure. BTW, do you use that mechanic?

Eyas

First Post
Broccli_Head said:
Oh hell, I can guess what is going to happen! Mrs. Weaver is 'pregnant'!!!!

Giant-mind controlling spiders on the loose...AAAAAAHHHHH!

*Runs around screaming with arms waving wildly in the air*

Well....not really, though each character, except maybe Joe who is fairly nuts already, has built in their own way to handle these 'Occurances" with out losing it. Stay tuned, though, as, so far, things have been fairly "normal". Things tend to go down hill from here :D

Last edited:

Old Drew Id

First Post
Broccli_Head said:

Officially, no, we do not use the sanity rules. But I may be secretly using that mechanic and just not letting the players know that I am. Or that may be an outright lie.

This is one of the many ways that I attempt to be a true RBDM.

zenld

First Post
How do the players make their sanity rolls. I'm just reading it, and think I failed at least one.

I love this story! I hate this story! I fear this story!

More!

zen

Remove ads