[MEG] The Players Archive is coming---Players everywhere rejoice!--Cover revealed

kingpaul

First Post
Re: Character Creation programs

philreed said:
I would use one if I could find one for Mac.
Actually, PCGen is a Java based, so as long as you have Java installed on your system, PCGen will work.

kingpaul

First Post
Mystic Eye said:
Why, of course! You guys gave it to me on CD at Gen Con last year.
::chuckle:: I wasn't @ GenCon last year, although I did meet you at Origins last year (bought an autographed copy of Librum Equitus). I also am a new member of the Board (8 days now), so I'm still going through material.

darklight

First Post
Mystic Eye (Doug Herring) said:
I would like to add to Phil's answer. First, you are making one of the most common mistakes that us active net RPGers make. We assume that most RPG players are 1) on the internet and active partcipants in the on-line RPG community and 2) the average gamers is as technically savy as the gamer who is active on the the net. This is not the case. The internet active community for RPGs and d20 is tiny compared to the general gaming public.

Ahh...yes, this is a very relevant point and you're right, I did see it from my own perspective only, sorry. I certainly think having your favourite character(s) in an attractive, high quality booklet is appealing. It just so happens, that my group only plays every third week, so I have lots of time in between and I love to make all kinds of stuff relating to rpgs. I suppose that means, as you say, that this product is not for me, but I can see why others would want it.

darklight

Last edited:

MEG Hal

First Post
darklight said:

Ahh...yes, this is a very relevant point and you're right, I did see it from my own perspective only, sorry. I certainly think having your favourite character(s) in an attractive, high quality booklet is appealing. It just so happens, that my group only plays every third week, so I have lots of time in between and I love to make all kinds of stuff relating to rpgs. I suppose that means, as you say, that this product is not for me, but I can see why others would want it.

darklight

No worries darklight...and I am sure your players love the fact that you are so comfortable on the computer :cool:

MEG Hal

First Post
We are suppose to get a sample real soon of this piece. I am looking forward to this project. We will try and get some teasers when we have them available.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Re: Re: Character Creation programs

kingpaul said:

Actually, PCGen is a Java based, so as long as you have Java installed on your system, PCGen will work.

Actually, PCGen requires Java 1.2 (I think), which is only supported in Mac OS X. If you've got an older Mac, like me, you're out of luck.

J
who fortunately has a PC as well

Mystic Eye

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Character Creation programs

drnuncheon said:

Actually, PCGen requires Java 1.2 (I think), which is only supported in Mac OS X. If you've got an older Mac, like me, you're out of luck.

J
who fortunately has a PC as well

AHHHRRGGHHHH....Thread Thieves...Heheh!

Remove ads