Mega Man RPG

guedo79

Explorer
Most of the Mega Man games involved Blowing things up and little movies.

There was a rpg.......I'd rather not talk about it......

Gorilla726

First Post
More answers.

First off, I would like to thank you all for your interest.

Here are you answers:

To Teflon Billy: There are going to be new skills/abilities. Also, it's not going to be all fighting, though it will include more intereactive battleling then most D&D games go by. A large portion of the game will be based on RPing, and yes, there will be campaigns and adventures, not just going to a level and fighting through it to the boss, unless that's how your GM wants it to be.

To Xarlen: As of now, it is based on the NES system games, but if people enjoy that, I will write an "X" series supplement.

If you want more information, just post. Sorry for not writing a ton at once, but I'm doing well on writing the game, and I have a lot of homework to finish since I've been sick and couldn't go to school these past two days. See ya.

Gorilla

Xarlen

First Post
I do wonder how you'll set it up to be very RP intensive ( Imean, D&D isn't, by the rules ;)). The games were pretty dang combat focused.

I would definetly play (X series moreso; I loved the bosses, hated the dungeoncrawls afterwards).

Now, just give me my buzz saws.

Gorilla726

First Post
To Xarlen

Ok. If you look at how most people play D&D, it goes at bit like this:

Player 1: I attack you with my short sword. *Rolls dice*
I hit you.

Player 2: Now I attack you with my broadsword. *Rolls dice* I hit you.

And so on, until someone dies.

But in my game, it is going to be easier to have more actions while battleling, such as dodging, blocking, counter-striking. And the fights are going to be a bit more free form RPing instead of everything being forced into place. The players will still move in turn, but say one player attacks another, the defender can choose to block or make another action to reply. Any other questions? See ya.

Gorilla

Xarlen

First Post
Well, D&D has said options. You can always hold an action to move when you're attacked, or parry, disarm, etc, etc. The options ARE there.

Siridar

First Post
I remember seeing a quickie RPG for Megaman once. I think it used the white wolf system for stuff, although I can't be certain. I just remember seeing 5 dots for different stats. It was in portuguese so I couldn't quite figure it out. If you want I can take a look and see if I can find it.

Remove ads