• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mellubb's "Vecna's Revenge" ICC

Theocrat

First Post
[showblock]
None taken. I'm a cleric of Pholtus - laws, order, and righteousness which all imply almost a beaurcratic aspect of things. That and you're a Bard, with a Noniz parent, only thing worse would being an actual Gnome.
I found it funny, that you're trying to hide your laughter and "attempting" to get the others to laugh too.
[/showblock]

Mellubb

First Post
The group meets in front of the temple and with a quick good bye from Sandra and Megan; they head out to see their first adventure. The strange concoction of emotions nervous, scared, and excitement fills there stomachs. The reality of the situation doesn’t hit until the group crests the tallest of the rolling hills just west of town and can see the pillar of black smoke reaching for the sky.

Jemal

Adventurer
*Before we leave*
Ragnor shrugs "I've little to gather, though some shopping may be in order to gather supplies for our travel." While the others excitedly rush around, the half-orc calmly goes around spending what little he's managed to save on Rations and supplies (Backpack, Rope, etc, as noted in my Equipment)

*After leaving*
"Well, it would seem our way is clear." Ragnor takes but a moment to look back at the town before forging ahead

[sblock=theocrat]
It's just 'sblock', not "showblock"
[/sblock]

Eydis

First Post
As we crest the tallest of the rolling hills, Kaylin looks nervously toward the black smoke "that's an awful lot of smoke for something that's been cooling all night. What do you guys think we'll find? Do you know anything about this stuff Vanta? I mean look who your dad is, you two are always reading some book." Kaylin then looks up at Vanta with big wide eyes, just like a little kid waiting for an answer.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

Vanta looks up at the dark smoke, a little bit of fear is his eyes. "Yes, my father told me stories when I was younger of days long past." His voice cracks, "I've learned a lot on my own as well. I just wish I had more books to read, there is not enough is our small town."

[sblock=ooc]I am not sure what kind of knowledge check you wanted, but I rolled once. Knowledge: 22[/sblock]

dontremb

First Post
Jarrod Nackle

"Oh come on friends! This is the very definition of high adventure!" Jarrod is skipping and dancing along; quite a feat really, as he's toting around his signature weapon, a huge sword. "Can't you feel the excitement building? Perhaps there will be some orcs to battle with, ooh! Or some dragons." He looks excitedely around at everyone, "Can you imagine if we vanquished a dragon!?"

After that, Jarrod looks ahead at the plume of black smoke trailing towards the sky. Occasionally, he can be heard mumbling something about epic stories of dragon-slayers. "Jarrod the Dragon-Slayer...," and them more mumbling as he slips further back into his frequent daydreams.

Eydis

First Post
"Hah! Dragon slayers! Have you actually ever hit anything with that big sword of yours?" Kaylin chuckles at the image of Jarrod actually swinging his sword.

dontremb

First Post
Jarrod Nackle

"I've practiced plenty with it. But only time will tell. Perhaps I'll fall flat on my face, but, perhaps... I will be the one the write the stories about." Jarrod smiles widely, expectantly.

Eydis

First Post
"We'll just see who they write those stories about Jarrod," Kaylin says, then she begins moving down the hill. "They won't get written if we're all just standing around." Then with a giggle "come on slow pokes!"

Theocrat

First Post
Kasis Rayg of the Church of the One True Path of Pholtus

"Cousin Jarrod has hit his Knuckles aplenty! I once watched him fight his dad. Uncle wore a mask, and pretended to be a Goblin just so Jarrod could fight one. And the only Orc he's ever had the oppurtunity to face was when he was getting beat at Chess by Ragnor."
I thust my spear at Jarrod's general direction (careful not to actually poke him or anyone else). "Cousin Jarrod has grown a bit in the 4 years I've been gone, but his sword skill hasn't grown with him. I've seen a Troll and they IS nasty. I'm glad the Knights of Pholtus were at the castle walls. Now that, Jarrod, you would have enjoyed watching as the Trolls attacked the main walls, arrows flying, priests running the battlements with annoucements, and of course, the General overlooking the field in a flying bubble."

"But lets not get Kaylin excited anymore than we need too. In my travels, I too have seen fires burn all night. When the air is dry, and the lack of rain makes the ground hard and tree's dry, the fires can be seen from several miles out."

"And Ragnor, maybe you too need to practice a few team skills, as we walk. Like being able to run past her without tripping over her, or her running between your legs as she goes in for the 'stab'. "

[sblock=Our Group TeamWork PHBII/DMGII OCC]
We should look at Team Work feats, skills and such that allow us to work togeather. Remember, I think tactically, and without mini's and a grid, we gotta be able to plan as best as possible. Allowing Ragnor to bullrush, charge, and do whatever else he might want to do, through her[Kaylin area might be beneficial. These also might be beneficial for all of us to look at and determine which skills and feats we have that would allow us to work togeather in a fight.
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM]
I would think that one of these darn know skills should give me some sort of insight to the fires.
Code:
Knowledge <Arcana> {int}      1    +2          +3
Knowledge [History] {int}     2    +2          +4
Knowledge [Religion] {int}    2    +2          +4
Knowledge [The Planes] {int}  1    +2          +3
Knowledge [Geography] {int}  0    +2          +2
Knowledge [Local] {int}      1    +2          +1
[/sblock]
-------------------------
Kasis Rayg – Missionary of the Church of the One True Path of Pholtus
Adopted son to Megan and Alan Phelnar, brother to Leigh of the Radiant Pelor and Ragnor Thokk the devoted sil-Euroz

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads