Mellubb's Xen'drik Heroes

Walking Dad

First Post
Honor

Ruslanchik said:
Wanderer approaches the other warforged. He tries hard to present himself as non-threatening.

"I am Wanderer. Do you have a name?"

"I see by your markings that you worship the Sovereign Host. I would like to know, does this bring you peace?"

Honor looks at the approaching warforged. He seems cold and emotionless, even for a warforged.
"They call me Honor. Prepare to be judged by the gaze of justice." (ooc: uses detect evil)

"I worship the Host and I'm their tool. I know no peace, but I fight for the peace of others. I search for goodness, but have only the ability to see the evil.
I seek serenity not for me, but for the world.

What do you seek?"

Last edited:

Ruslanchik

First Post
Walking Dad said:
Honor looks at the approaching warforged. He seems cold and emotionless, even for a warforged.
"They call me Honor. Prepare to be judged by the gaze of justice." (ooc: uses detect evil)

"I worship the Host and I'm their tool. I know no peace, but I fight for the peace of others. I search for goodness, but have only the ability to see the evil.
I seek serenity not for me, but for the world.

What do you seek?"

"As you well know, we are not like the fragile races. This world was not created for us. The humans, elves, and gnomes have lands and homes of their own. They have families and gods. They find comfort and are welcome across the lands. We must create our our world, our own family, our own comfort. I seek a god for the warforged. One who will answer our prayers and unite our people.

"We were created and trained for war. We are at home on the battlefield. We find peace in war. Many of us kill without guilt and take commands unquestioningly, no matter how evil the commander. Peace is our challenge. Without the purpose of war to unite us we are lost. I seek peace in peace.

"We are strong and must take up the challenge to fight for good. But how will we know good when we see it? During the Last War we were deceived and fought and died for the petty gains of humans. Are we not still being deceived by the humans and their gods?

"We both eagerly come here to save human children. We would willingly sacrifice ourselves to protect others who are unknown to us and are unlike us. Do we know that we are not now being deceived? We must be mindful, friend, that our good intentions are not used against us.
"

(ooc: If Honor makes an immediate response Wanderer will listen. If not, this paragraph applies.) With this Wanderer turns and knells down. He rests on his knees and begins to meditate. Speaking with other warforged always brings him great joy but also causes much inner turmoil. He has many questions that need answers. Will this warrior help him find some answers?

[sblock=Prepared spells for the next day]
(I will substitute any that do not receive DM approval)
0-Level
Detect Magic
Guidance
Light
Mending
Read Magic

1st-level
Bless
Lesser Vigor
Magic Weapon
Remove Fear
Domain: Protection from Evil

2nd-Level
Bear's Strength
Brambles
Zone of Truth
Domain: Locate Object

3rd-Level
Magic Vestment
Prayer
Domain: Fly [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
After hearing all of Wanderer's words, Honor responds:

"We don't need families, because all warforged are one family. I don't need to seek a god to answer my prayers, because I found many. We need unity in purpose, not in species.

You must choose your commander, like I have chosen the Host. Peace is not my challenge, but my goal. When there is only peace I can cease to be a war-forged.

I was deceived by mortals, but never by my gods. Even if it looks like it, there is a higher truth. They are not the gods of man, but our gods, too.

Everyone who tries to deceive me in doing evil, will die by the sword.

But you seem to be a brother. Not by species, but by heart. Find your god. If he is righteous, the Host will accept him.

Let me pray with you."

Mellubb

First Post
As Siroc eats his dinner he does indeed see his 'dream girl' Jessica there. She serves dinner and drinks to all the patrons and notices your eye on her on more than on occassion. When she she finally gets around to taking your order she gives a little wink before walking away. About halfway through eating a young human with a black ponytail and a well groomed goatee (Dreth) walks in and sits at the table next to yours. As he sits down Jessica comes to take his order. After she returns with his meal you over hear ask her about the missing children. She explains that she hasn't heard anything about it, wich she says is not unusual because not many people here care about "such things".

Graybeard

Explorer
After Jessica leaves the nearby table, Siroc leans over towards the young human.

I overheard you talking to the young lady about missing children. What business is it of yours and what do you know about it? I am Siroc and I am going to find them. If you had anything to do with their dissapearance, you will answer to me.

frostrune

First Post
Dreth glances up knowingly to the ferret perched on his shoulder before turning a disarming smile upon the rude stranger. The man is strikingly handsome with unnaturally green eyes.

"Easy friend," he says calmly. "you misunderstand. I assure you I have nothing to do with their disappearance. The matter has caught my attention however and I was hoping that comely lass might know something of it, unfortunately she does not."

He eyes her admiringly for a moment before returning his attention to Siroc.

"You however seem to. Pray tell me what is going on?"

Graybeard

Explorer
Calming down a bit but still keeping an eye on this stranger,

I do not mean to accuse. I am Siroc from Argonnesse. I have spent much time in this town and sometimes get, what is the word, overprotective? I saw the paper posted and feel it is my duty to use my abilities to rescue these children. I do not believe that many of those in town would care enough to do so. What are you called and why are you in this town? Do you have business here?

He will keep a close watch on this stranger and ensure that he does not mistreat Jessica.

frostrune

First Post
Graybeard said:
Calming down a bit but still keeping an eye on this stranger,

I do not mean to accuse. I am Siroc from Argonnesse. I have spent much time in this town and sometimes get, what is the word, overprotective? I saw the paper posted and feel it is my duty to use my abilities to rescue these children. I do not believe that many of those in town would care enough to do so. What are you called and why are you in this town? Do you have business here?

He will keep a close watch on this stranger and ensure that he does not mistreat Jessica.

"Be at ease, my good man. We may soon be working together. I am Dreth the Dragoneye <he winks his luminescent green eye for effect> and this <pointing to his ferret> is Kern. I am blessed with arcane power and irresistable charm. I too have seen the postings of the Harbormaster and intend to meet at the appointed hour on the morrow."

"I like to attend these meetings prepared, hence my earlier inquiries."

"So... do you know anything further of the task?"

Graybeard

Explorer
Frowning a bit, Siroc responds,
Sadly, I know as little as you. No doubt the Harbormaster will provide us with what information he has in the morning. Do you of any others who may be answering the call for help?

Necro_Kinder

First Post
Bones wanders about the town avoiding guards and obvious authority figures as he does so. He wanders past the Harbor Master's house, eying the two Warforged standing by the gates discussing religion with each other. He wonders why machines care for religion, but he doesn't really care and keeps on walking.

After an afternoon of walking the town and finding out nothing of interest about these children, he walks into the nearest eating establishment to get some dinner. He sits at his table, and watches as the same noble / mage / captain walks in and ask the waitress about the children, and then starts talking to some other person about them. He sits quietly, listening to their conversation.

Remove ads