Memories and Portents Chapter#1: A Dark and Stormy Knight

chod

First Post
Suddenly a tiny viper curves itself around Ardans neck. It starts hissing at the wolf.
Ardan strokes the snake, and speaks to it:
"It is ok Ish, the wolf won't hurt you while I'm around."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Soto's eyes widen at the sight of the warforged and the wolf. Trys thinks to herself, OK... Keep behind the metal man, away from the wolf and his master and as far from the nut job as I can get. The old man is obviouslly not all there.

Soto turns and says "Oh by the way. I'm Soto Grabapples. In my hayday I was something of a slinger. So I'll be as much help as I can but I'll leave any hand to hand fighting to you bigger people." He says and follows behind the group as they set off for the ruins.

hero4hire

Explorer
Khyl sensed the uneasiness of the others. He could almost smell the fear on them, they were rank with it.

As the tiny snake hissed the wolf gave a throaty growl.

"Canis." the Shifter said calmly and instantly the wolf ceased his growling and leaned into its master tail wagging.

Khyl eyed the spell-caster with amber colored eyes....Wolf's eyes. "Take care mageling. Binding your life-force to a wild thing is a source of great strength, but it can also be a startling vulnerability."

SecondTime

First Post
Dondel, finding himself suddenly surrounded by the motley group of cloaked men, a crazy old cook, the little slightly too cheerful halfling, and a hulking thing of metal and wood that he has to force himself to think of as a man, changes his facial expression from fear, to the dubious, to a strange relief that indicates that he is not overly conscerned with his caravan's would be rescurers' safety.

Interrupting the awkward introductory conversation, Dondel yells over voices and wind, 'We do not have much time! My cargo and charges will not be able to servive these winds long. I start the wagons towards the tower. You scout ahead. Get back to me as soon as possible with any news as to the thing's safety." He then goes about organizing his line of march....

The hail and lightening is unceasing as the company of seven pushes its way over flat plains towards the structure. Because of heavy winds, rain, and hail, the details of its construction only become apparent once the party comes to within twenty feet of it. The massive structure towers above the surrounding country, though it looks less like a tower and more like a squat keep set upon a hill. A few narrow ledges offer scant protection fromt he elements, but a closer inspection reveals a massive, arched entryway at least 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide, set into the side of the hill. The ground just outside it slopes away from the doorway, directing the falling water out and away. Given this fact and the sturdy nature of the hill, whatevery space lies beyond the door should be both dry and safe from lightning and hail. The construction seems quitye sturdy, so the likelihood of collapse, even in severe conditions such as these, is reomote.

Soto Grabapples: You have heard tales of buildings such as these from numerous travelers and wretched goblin city dwellers; they are commonly thought to have been the strongholds of many of the tribes and petty kingdoms of the gobliniods that existed when humans first stepped foot on Khovair many centuries ago. It is said that even after the first kingdoms of man destroyed the goblinoid kingdoms, many of these structures were left standing as a tribute to the ferocity of the fallen goblins; to do otherwise would be to risk the wrath of their spirits that have resisted a move to Dol Arrah.

OOC: If anyone wants to suggest a default formation for the party, I'm all ears. Otherwise I can come up with one.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Trys: Soto Grabapples

Soto looks around at the building and says. "I remember my sweet old grand mima telling me stories about the old goblin kingdoms. I think this may be one of thier old outposts." He says as he skips along behind the warforged warrior.
"What do you think oh mighty tracker? Anything worth worrying about that you and your companion can sense?"

Soto reaches into his pack and pulls out an apple tossing it to Antonius and gives him a big grin.

Trys looks at the group and thinks to herself, "Not bad. The tracker and warforged look capable enough. as for the rest well we'll see."

Nightbreeze

First Post
Gregorious looks at the tower.
"Goblin outpost, huh? What a shame. Now, gentle misters, if, you don't mind, I'll stay in the middle of the group.

Marching in the mud, he thinks "No one of those damned beast will dare going out...they do love too much their shiny skin"

Asmor

First Post
Antonus nods in appreciation as he catches the apple. "I've got a good eye, I'll take the lead." He reaches under his cloak for a crossbow, which he loads as he trots up ahead. "Can never be too careful, 'specially not on a spooky night like this, eh?"

OOC: If noone objects, I'll go ahead of the party a bit and try to keep an eye out for danger.

chod

First Post
Ardan doesn't pay much attention to the discussion, but when no one speaks he says:
"It is the same for me, if we get into trouble I am sure we can handle it".

OOC: Would be nice :)

Enforcer

Explorer
Turning to Antonus, the slender man in the cloak says, "I'll back you up, if that's all right with you. My name is Kaine."

Kaine offers Antonus a firm handshake and unwinds a sling that was wrapped around his left arm, readying a sling bullet.

Remove ads