• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Men, women, insecurity & alcohol [** NEW UPDATE, DEC 2005 **]

glass

(he, him)
Joshua Dyal said:
Well, hopefully if you do call her, that's not all you do. :cool:
True! :D

Although, since I seem to have managed to make getting her number into a multi-step process, that's a lot of steps away... :(

glass.

Roxlimn

First Post
In my opinion, you should just forget about the girl and work on your technique. Seriously, sitting silent after a girl whines about her looks and then doesn't give you her number? That's just so full of date openings I positively cry over the fact that you just sat there saying nothing.

What could you have said? Well, any of the following:

"So you complain that guys don't ask you your number, but you don't want to give it out anyway?"

"You know, I am a guy, and I am asking for your number. Did you intend to say "no" to everyone who asks, or just me?"

"So... ...did you want for people to ask you for your number, or did you want people to actually call you for a date? It would help if you actually gave it out, you know."

"So I can't have your number now. Do you suppose I can convince you to give it to me tomorrow, over lunch maybe?"

"Um, do you actually have a number to give, or are you just bluffing?"

"Ooooh! That was way harsh, woman! You could at least have given me the number of some pizza place or chinese takeout. Preferrably good chinese takeout places."

Whether extremely good or extremely bad, your goal is to make a lasting impression. It's far easier to turn a woman to your favor when she thinks you're the Antichrist than when she doesn't even remember your face.

fusangite

First Post
This girl wanted to obtain a compliment without having to ever see you again. Objective achieved. Why would you be relevant to her in future?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
focus on another girl... there are plenty out there, and you're bound to find one who is actually interested in you sooner or later. :)

Roxlimn said:
In my opinion, you should just forget about the girl and work on your technique. Seriously, sitting silent after a girl whines about her looks and then doesn't give you her number? That's just so full of date openings I positively cry over the fact that you just sat there saying nothing.
Indeed. And you've got some great responses there, yourself. This harks back to patented Teflon_Billy advice: don't be a sop to the girls; they like to see that you can stand up for yourself. He would call it being just a bit of a jerk; I suppose that's one way to look at it.
"So I can't have your number now. Do you suppose I can convince you to give it to me tomorrow, over lunch maybe?"

"Ooooh! That was way harsh, woman! You could at least have given me the number of some pizza place or chinese takeout. Preferrably good chinese takeout places."
I particularly like those two. :cool:

Remove ads