• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Menace of the Icy Spire (Ozymandias79 judging)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I guess the boards aren't completely back to normal, because my post from two days ago never got posted!

Anyway, I'll be busy today and tomorrow, but if Shorrin hasn't posted by then I'll NPC him on Thursday.
[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]

I've been having a helluva time getting on ENWorld and now that I finally can invisiblecastle is down.

I just want Shorrin to use Tide of Iron and mark the foe.

[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As one foe falls and Murphy blinks into a new location, Janus casts a wave of force towards the creature menacing Balth, kicking up snow all around it. It is buffeted, but puts its head down into the wind and manages to keep its position. Shorrin swings towards the other guardian with his shield, but it only clangs off its thick metallic hide.

[sblock=Status]
Murphy teleports to B8.

Janus casts Thunderwave, but misses.

Shorrin attacks Iron Defender 1 with Tide of Iron, and misses with a roll of 9, but marks it.

Larinza's turn!

23 - Balth (7/22 hp)
23 - Murphy (17/26 hp, cursed Iron Defender 1, concealed until end of next turn)
22 - Clay Scout at J14 (38 damage)
8 - Iron Defender 4 at I5 (24 damage)
22 - Iron Defender 1 at J10 (17 damage)
19 - Iron Defender 2 at M7 (51 damage, marked by Shorrin)
16 - Iron Defender 3 at J7 (41 damage)
13 - Janus (14/22 hp)
4 - Shorrin (18/33 hp)
6 - Larinza (13/24 hp, +2 Init to all allies in LOS within 10 squares, allies in LOS who spend an action point regain 4 hp)
[/sblock]

(Map is the same, except Murphy is at B8.)

renau1g

First Post
Murphy moves closer to the battle and fires off an eldritch blast at the iron defender near his allies Shorrin and Larinza.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: to E8, gain concealment
Minor: n/a
Standard: Eldritch Blast on I @ J10 - can you please roll IC is down - 1d20+6, 1d10+5+1d6 damage,
[/sblock]

[sblock=Murphy stat block]Murphy Tang- Male (Human) Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 12
AC:16, Fort:12, Ref:15, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:17/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Per-Day 8/8
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eyebite, Change Shape, Witchfire, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Larinza sneaks in a quick strike while the creature is still off-balance from Shorrin's shield bash, chipping pieces off its hide and hopefully softening it up. Teamwork!

[sblock=Statue]
Larinza hits Iron Defender 1 for 10 points, bloodying it.

Balth's turn, then Murphy (who's already posted).

23 - Balth (7/22 hp)
23 - Murphy (17/26 hp, cursed Iron Defender 1, concealed until end of next turn)
8 - Iron Defender 4 at I5 (24 damage)
22 - Iron Defender 1 at J10 (27 damage)
13 - Janus (14/22 hp)
4 - Shorrin (18/33 hp)
6 - Larinza (13/24 hp, +2 Init to all allies in LOS within 10 squares, allies in LOS who spend an action point regain 4 hp)
[/sblock]

(Map is still the same, except Murphy is still at B8.)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Sorry]
Still can't shift, unless you have a power that lets you shift 2 - the icy path is difficult terrain, and so are the row of statues (the circles).

Also if you run or charge on the path, you need to make a DC 10 Acrobatics check to avoid falling prone, and if you crouch or fall prone behind a statue, you'll get cover.

And since when does Balth have Curse?
[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOP: JNC, Balth is an elf so he ignores difficult terrain when shifting and also I think he meant that Balth applied hunter's quarry(sp?) on the gargoyle instead of cursing it.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Sorry again]
Forgot about wild step. (I keep thinking of it as "forest walk" and applying only in trees.)

If you have a power or feature or something that lets you do stuff, please mention it in the action so I know!

(I was just kidding about the curse, I knew what he meant.)
[/sblock]

Balth backs away from the menacing statue, his elven agility keeping him surefooted on the treacherous ice, and sinks an arrow into its chest as he goes. His followup shot misses by an inch. The arrow remains sticking out from between two metallic plates for a few moments, but then the creature lunges forward and it jerks, snaps, and is ground to splinters as the plates slide together. The create grabs Balth in its savage jaws, shakes him back and forth like a hound worrying its prey, and drops him to lie bleeding on the ice. It turns its attention to Janus, jaws gaping.

Murphy runs forward to take a place at the end of the row of statues. He ducks his head out to fire an eldritch blast at the other defender, but the awkward angle spoils his aim and the shot impacts the cocoon of ice around the tower, without effect.

His target, not noticing the missed attack, weaves its head back and forth, darting towards first Larinza, then Shorrin. At last it settles on a target and lunges forward in a bite - and its jaws snap shut around empty air as Shorrin jerks his swordarm back out of the way.

[sblock=Status]
Balth shifts to K7 and shoots Iron Defender 4 for 7 damage.

Murphy moves to E8 and shoots Iron Defender 1, missing with a 14.

Iron Defender 4 moves to J6 and bites at Balth again, hitting with an 18 for 7 damage, dropping him to 0 hp.

Iron Defender 1 attacks Shorrin, missing with a 17.

Janus's turn!

23 - Balth (0/22 hp, Hunter's Quarry on Iron Defender 4, dying)
8 - Iron Defender 4 at I5 (31 damage)
22 - Iron Defender 1 at J10 (17 damage)
13 - Janus (14/22 hp)
4 - Shorrin (18/33 hp)
[/sblock]

33y7337.png

Remove ads