• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mercurial Great Sword - Has it changed?

LoPaC

First Post
I know a slew of 3.5 books have come out now (I only own the PHB), and I know alot of things that were printed in the 3ed books were reprinted in new 3.5ed books. One weapon in question, the mercurial great sword, is a 2d8 damage in "Sword and Fist". Has that weapon been reprinted in someother book for 3.5, and if so, have the stats for it changed?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
LoPaC said:
I know a slew of 3.5 books have come out now (I only own the PHB), and I know alot of things that were printed in the 3ed books were reprinted in new 3.5ed books. One weapon in question, the mercurial great sword, is a 2d8 damage in "Sword and Fist". Has that weapon been reprinted in someother book for 3.5, and if so, have the stats for it changed?

In the Sword and Fist Errata and the Arms and Equipment Guide, it was changed to 2d6.

I don't believe it's been printed specifically for 3.5.

-Hyp.

diaglo

Adventurer
i also think there is some mention in the DMG about a change to mercurial and how it works in the revision.

but i suck at the rulz.

IcyCool

First Post
I believe the current rules for the Mercurial Greatsword are 2d6 with a x4 crit multiplier. That sits pretty decently in the exotic weapon range, although 2d6 with a 19-20/x3 crit should be roughly equivalent.

Goolpsy

First Post
The funny thing about this question is... that it was changed (even in the books) during the 3.0 Era...

My friends sword and fist says 2d8, and mine say 2d6 :)

So it did get corrected

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
IcyCool said:
I believe the current rules for the Mercurial Greatsword are 2d6 with a x4 crit multiplier. That sits pretty decently in the exotic weapon range, although 2d6 with a 19-20/x3 crit should be roughly equivalent.

Uh, 2d6 19-20/x3 is roughly equivalent to 2d6 20/x5. Somewhat more powerful.

Goolspy said:
The funny thing about this question is... that it was changed (even in the books) during the 3.0 Era...

My friends sword and fist says 2d8, and mine say 2d6

So it did get corrected

Right. You've got a second printing Sword and Fist, he's got a first printing. Compare the Bladed Gauntlet in your two copies, for example.

-Hyp.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Hypersmurf said:
Right. You've got a second printing Sword and Fist, he's got a first printing. Compare the Bladed Gauntlet in your two copies, for example.

If ever there was a good time for nerfing, the first printing of the bladed gauntlet begged for it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads