Mercy in the Nine Hells... a solo game for Isida Kep'Tukari

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Emperor Valerian said:
"Trite indeed," Haman laughs bitterly. "Why is it again everything in the Nine Hells is after you? And why do I keep jumping in the middle?" she'll grin wryly.
"It's a highly complex story involving saving an empire, a strange staff, a rock, a trip to the Outlands, an arrogant devil princess, and me having a very bad day," Tess says with a touch of indugent exasperation. Stupid grudge-holding devils...

"Oh yes...I remember the story now. Hopefully our reception here in the next few days is better than that of the Abyss?" Haman will say as she finishes the last healing. "Besides, didn't the devils stop harassing you some time ago? Considering how many of them we've killed over the years, you'd think they'd get the message."

"Well... I survived," Aust pipes up, "Sign from the gods that I have a purpose... that some lady is meant for me in her future," he'll add with a cocky grin, to which Haman gives an unwelcoming growl.

*The rest of the night passes uneventfully. The storm lightens, and by mornings glory, all that remains are several inches of new snow on the ground. The caves where Ponicys lie still a few days ahead.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Let's make tracks today everyone, I have little desire for a repeat performance of viscious cold elementals trying to carve Infernal threats into our flesh," Tess says with forced lightness, as she urges Sunshine into a trot.

"Seconded. And what do you mean 'our' flesh, boss-lady? I didn't see you get hit!" Roscoe demands with a wink.

*Tess sticks out her tongue at him in a childish manner as they continue to ride north.*

*The group saddles up, and rides to the north. The landscape seems to change the further north and inland you head. The wide snowy plain becomes replaced with a massive bare forest. Few creatures are spotted, save an occassional direwolf or greatelk in the distance.*

*After three days of riding, a great grace face seems to rise above the gnarled trees. It is the footspurs of the Icefang Mountains, their snowy peaks visible in the distant beyond. Riding closer, the group can easily see three large caves in the face of the gray rock.*

*Aust will rein up, looking over the caves.*

"Does anyone know which cave we go in?"

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Not for certain. But we can always just ask," Tess says, riding Sunshine a little closer. "Great Ponicys! We beseech you for your wisdom!" Tess calls into the caves.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Eeny, meeny, miney, moe. The middle one," Tess says, and dismounts to lead her horse toward it. About thirty feet away from it, Tess pauses to sense auras.

*Tess would feel a major pulse in magical energy to her front, coming from inside the cave. She can feel the same crackle in the air as when she was around her old 'friend' Aeron... when he was using his illusionary spells for invisibility. As of yet, she can't see what is invisible, but the feeling is definitely coming from within the middle cave.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Ok, we're going in, and be cautious, there's something invisible in here," Tess says, and carefully leads Sunshine into the middle cave...

"Lovely," Roscoe says, unsheathing Devil Take Warning and walking in.

"Well... another thing the bards can add to my adventures, I guess... taking on an invisible demon," Aust will grin... causing Haman to groan.

*The party heads slowly into the cave, the noise of their footsteps echoing off of the walls. Around you, the cave's ceiling rises from the low entrance to a high, vaulted ceiling fifty feet above. Roscoe can feel a very slight tremor in the ground beneath him as the party moves into the caverns.*

*Near the center of the room, a very light, perhaps even airy voice enters the mind of everyone in the party*

"Drop your magic and leave."

Remove ads