Mercy in the Nine Hells... a solo game for Isida Kep'Tukari

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"We seek the great and knowledgeable sage Ponicys! A great evil has befallen Arbor Pale, and we with to arm ourselves with knowledge before going to confront it. May we speak to you, O sage?" Tess asks as gracefully as she knows how.

"You wish to speak to the magic hoarder?" the voice will say airily, "the one who keeps me from the secrets in his tomes? Give me all of your magic, and I'll let you live, a more fortunate fate than he will suffer!"

*The trembling in the ground will increase precipitously, as now everyone can notice it. The air seems heavy, as a deep rumbling grows from under the party's feet.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I don't think so. Go!" Tess cries to the others.

*With a chord and a melody, Tess increases her speed and sends herself flying through the air, Fortuna ready to fire on their enemy. Roscoe readies Devil Take Warning, prepared to hit the first hostile thing that dared to come within reach.*

Last edited:

"Spread out!" Haman will yell as the trembling in the ground grows bigger and bigger.

*Both Haman and Aust will move away from Roscoe, yet close enough they can still come to his aid. The shuddering ground finally breaks into a roar, as a tall head bursts from the ground in the middle between the three grounded party members. Within moments, the head gives way to a body, which eventually towers some fifteen feet tall, its left arm dragging a massive maul behind it.*

"If you shall not give, I shall take!" roars in the party's minds.

[Initiative:

Roscoe: 17
Tomb Tapper: 14
Tess: 11
Haman: 11
Aust: 10]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Roscoe, fearless as always leaps forward, tumbling to avoid the giant's grasp, and bashes the creature with the spiky end of Devil Take Warning.*

*Tess, on the other hand, launches one of her most powerful songs, her voice screaming into a pure, spiralling melody as she attemts to destroy him with her song.*

[OOC - Roscoe moves in, tumbling to avoid an AoO, and attacking. Tess will destroy utterly with sound, vivified to get a +2 to the DC.]

Last edited:

*Roscoe boldly charges towards the beast, dodging left and right, his small size and jerky movements making it hard for the tomb tapper to track him. The great stone creature swings once as the fighter approaches, but Roscoe's twisting and dodging cause him to swing wide.*

*Roscoe's weapon then lashes out, cracking into the monster's leg with a resounding wallop. Cracks appear in its stone skin, but unfortunately, the halfling's swing causes his twisting movement to momentarily cease... long enough for the tomb tapper to strike.*

*A massive swing comes down on the halfling's shoulder, barely missing his head as the beast puts all two thousand pounds of muscle in its body into the swing. The halfling's body breaks and cracks in hideous ways as he cartwheels back into the wall, alive but desperately in pain.*

*Her friend's pain adding to the power of her voice, a rumbling roar, deep and terrifying thunders from Tess' throat. The deep basso pitch causes the rocks around the party to skitter, as cracks grow and creak through the tomb tapper's body. The beast only has time to look up towards his doom before his body breaks apart under him... and within moments only shattered parcels of dust hang in the air, slowly falling into a pile on the cave floor.*

[Roscoe gets a 21 on his Tumble check, easily evading the monster's grasp. He then proceeds to slap the tomb tapper for 8 points of damage.

The creature then takes two swings at Roscoe with its warhammer. The first swing misses, but the second is a confirmed critical that inflicts 60 points on damage on the halfling.

Tess then unleashes her 'destroy utterly with sound.' The tomb tapper miserably fails his save, and is thus destroyed.

Roscoe is the only injured party member... he currently has 44 HP]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Roscoe! Haman, can you help him?" Tess asks, turning to Haman's greater healing expertise. She then looks around for Aust, hoping the boy hadn't fainted yet.

"Ah... um... holy...oh gods... how the... wha..." Aust is still stammering in shock, looking between the pile of dust and Tess. In his eyes is a mix of fear and sudden, immense, and utter respect.

"My little loud halfling," Haman will say rather soothingly as she starts tending to his extensively broken shoulder, "You really shouldn't charge ahead like that. This happens every time you fight before I can draw my blade..."

*It's apparent her mocking is an attempt to tell how well he is after he was hit so hard. After a few incantations with her staff, Roscoe will be as good as new in a few minutes.*

[Haman uses three Cure Serious Wounds from her Staff of Healing.]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*After several moments, Roscoe opens his eyes slowly and takes a long shudderin breath.*

"Ow," he says thoughtfully, and gets up.

"Aust, it's ok, its dead now. I just hope it didn't manage to harm the sage," Tess says, looking for clues (or anything else) amongst the creature's remains.

*Searching about the tomb tapper's dusty remains will turn up precious little. Roscoe does see something unusual lying admist the ruins... a ring that seems to be jet black, as if made from obsidian. Along its edges are white trails of tiny diamonds, making it seem almost like a miniature night sky.*

Remove ads