• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [Merged] D&D Next/5E Release Schedule Threads

Talath

Explorer
ba8yre2e.jpg

Sounds like an SRD.

Dausuul

Legend
So, spend $20 in July instead of waiting one month to get the full Player's Handbook? What's the point, unless you don't want to plop down $150 for the three main books and are happy to settle for just the starter set?
What? Are you insane? It's a whole month! You want me to wait for 31 days? What do I look like, a patient person?

Henry

Autoexreginated
I hope so. It also sounds like an SRD.

Yeah, but that's too much to hope for, I would think. despite my ardent belief that it's the only way they have a hope of not remaining #2 tabletop RPG behind Pathfinder. Since Mike Mearls has said that their goal is not explicitly to reclaim that lead, trying to promote 3rd party support is probably not worth a trip back to the OGL/SRD well for them anyway.

Talath

Explorer
Yeah, but that's too much to hope for, I would think. despite my ardent belief that it's the only way they have a hope of not remaining #2 tabletop RPG behind Pathfinder. Since Mike Mearls has said that their goal is not explicitly to reclaim that lead, trying to promote 3rd party support is probably not worth a trip back to the OGL/SRD well for them anyway.

I'm not exactly expecting it myself. I just wonder what form this stuff that will help run a campaign will take if it's not an SRD.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Sounds like an SRD.

I would love this to be true, but it seems too hopeful.

With the PHB they are also releasing Hoard of the Dragon Queen, which is the first two adventures in a campaign series. The tweet could easily be saying that the PHB and that book are enough to run a campaign.

Henry

Autoexreginated
A character builder is more in-character for them.

I'll be completely amazed if it's not a subscription.

Given Talath's post of that last tweet, it's REEEALLY starting to sound more like there will be some DMG and MM like elements in the PHB - strange as that is, he's putting a lot of emphasis on that one book.

Dausuul

Legend
I swear Mike Mearls said at one point that he would like to have a 5E SRD if possible, but now I can't find it. I'm assuming it was on Twitter, since that's where Mearls says all the interesting stuff. Can anyone with better Twitter-Fu than me find it?

Remove ads