Pathfinder 1E [MERGED] Pathfinder forum complaint threads

Not within 24 hours of the game's release...

But otherwise I agree, if the discussion volume *over time* gets out of hand (which it hasn't yet - it's just that the game was just released this week and GenCon is on, where the release is one of the "big events" this year), it should be in it's own forum.

There's more about "what is old school?" going on in General right now than there is about Pathfinder or 4e. And I love it! B-)

(BTW, Olaf, our Yankees are starting to look good this year!)

I could easily be misremembering things, but I thought that 4E actually got its own forum well before the release of 4E.

And as for the Yankees, we've been looking good for quite a few years recently. Lets just hope we can take it all the way again.

Olaf the Stout

vagabundo

Adventurer
I remember the comment about the tag in a thread and - Morrus I think - mentioned that there has to be a demand for it. Sudenly there was a tonne of pathfinder threads always on the main page. It seemed a little contrived, but maybe I'm just getting paranoid in my old age; and as others have said it could be just release hype.

Would people have preferred a tag or a forum? I though pathfinderees would prefer their own forum- very easy to find stuff.

Last edited:

Papa-DRB

First Post
I prefer Pathfinder having a separate forum, but I think Morrus should have put it with the 2 other 3E or older forums instead of up here in the General area, but it is his board....

By the way, there is no Pathfinder tag for the General forum only 3E/OGL and although that is what Pathfinder is, that is not enough of a separation.

-- david
Papa.DRB

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Folks,

Setting off a popular topic is not something new. We have always tried to follow a basic guideline for the forums - the forum structure should follow from the traffic. If there's enough Pathfinder traffic, then General becomes a de facto Pathfinder forum, and those looking for non-Pathfinder material are kind of out of luck.

If we find that setting it off on its own kills Pathfinder discussion, then we will likely shuffle it back in to someplace where it won't die off from loneliness.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I could easily be misremembering things, but I thought that 4E actually got its own forum well before the release of 4E.

I'm second-guessing myself on that now. I can't remember at all now, actually. B-)

And as for the Yankees, we've been looking good for quite a few years recently. Lets just hope we can take it all the way again.

That would be a nice topper to the inaugural season in the new stadium!

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Folks,

Setting off a popular topic is not something new. We have always tried to follow a basic guideline for the forums - the forum structure should follow from the traffic. If there's enough Pathfinder traffic, then General becomes a de facto Pathfinder forum, and those looking for non-Pathfinder material are kind of out of luck.

If we find that setting it off on its own kills Pathfinder discussion, then we will likely shuffle it back in to someplace where it won't die off from loneliness.

Sounds good to me - thanks, Umbran!

Aus_Snow

First Post
4e (as per 3e) has a dedicated forum each for rules and house rules, and yet news (etc.) about 4e gets posted in this, the general RPG forum, while news (etc.) about Pathfinder simply goes into the *one* Pathfinder forum, rather than being here, in general. . .

Why is that?

That is, if Pathfinder had to have its own forum(s), why not simply give it exactly the same treatment as 3e and 4e (i.e., news [etc.] about the system going here, in general, with rules/house rules going into the dedicated forum). . .?

It's a bit odd, really.

Oh, and there still isn't a Pathfinder prefix in the general forum either, which would have been (IMO) the far more simple and sane procedure. After all, Pathfinder basically is the new 3e, 'the other D&D' in effect (well, other than older editions and related systems of course. . .) - the other *really big* player, anyhow.

Please reconsider this move!

Arnwyn

First Post
I agree - the split does seem to be very inconsistent (and not in a good way).

A bunch of the PF threads should probably be in General.

Remove ads