• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [MERGED] Pathfinder forum complaint threads

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I
Namely, it seems to me like all Pathfinder discussion has been shut off in its own ghetto of sorts.

Your "ghetto" is my "highlight".

Like the news page says, it's convenient to find everything, but I'm not sure why some of the threads aren't still in General RPG Discussion when I compare to 4e threads. I'm not saying the mods are biased --- I've actually always voted for "balanced" when the various edition war polling threads have come up --- but if
Now that Pathfinder is out, is anyone giving their setting a try?
goes in a specific Pathfinder forum, why don't
what do you do when a +3 bloodclaw weapon is more powerful than a +4 artifact
and
Slow combats
and
4E Campaign Announcement Time/Date
and all the Dungeon/Dragon/DDI/4e rules preview threads end up in a 4e-specific forum? In particular, that last thread I linked seems quite thematically similar to the Pathfinder thread I linked just from the title --- being about settings and all. I know this is likely just due to the timing of when these threads showed up, but it could look like inconsistent treatment.

Because I didn't read them in detail, I just moved a bunch that had the word "Pathfinder" in the title. It's not really that important - we're not making UN resolutions here, just trying to organise a game forum.

It'll all settle out in the long run.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I wonder why nobody ever equates other sites that have game-specific forums with some kind of corporate conspiracy. Also what Hjorimir said regarding resentments. This thread is sad.

malladin

Explorer
It is interesting how you can move Pathfinder titles so quickly while General RPG Rules Discussions still has Exalted, WoD, Savage Worlds and Ars Magica threads which clearly belong in general. Any particular reason for the inequity?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It is interesting how you can move Pathfinder titles so quickly while General RPG Rules Discussions still has Exalted, WoD, Savage Worlds and Ars Magica threads which clearly belong in general. Any particular reason for the inequity?

It's a deliberate conspiracy aimed at ruling the world.

Or I created Pathfinder forum, ran a search for threads with "Pathfinder" in the title and clicked "move all".

If you feel other threads are in the wrong forum, please report them and we'll take a quick look and move them if necessary.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Your "ghetto" is my "highlight".

Fair enough! I was trying to say that, for a lot of people, the General RPG Discussion forum is the premier forum on EN World and that a separate forum is something of a downgrade when it comes to discussing product releases, etc. I'm a little sad to see the sniping in this thread, though.

Because I didn't read them in detail, I just moved a bunch that had the word "Pathfinder" in the title. It's not really that important - we're not making UN resolutions here, just trying to organise a game forum.

It'll all settle out in the long run.

Also reasonable! And, like I said, it just seems like a matter of timing. Thanks for the response again.

lutecius

Explorer
regardless of intent and NOT attributing the move to corporate conspiracy:

The specific forums are ghettos of sorts and the inconsistent split does not "make things easier" for those interested in non-4e news. (I must have missed the swarm of pathfinder topics. OTOH I'm sure there are enough ddi threads to justify a separate forum.)

I guess if there was a "forum jump" feature like on CM I wouldn't mind that much.

Last edited:

It's a deliberate conspiracy aimed at ruling the world.

Or I created Pathfinder forum, ran a search for threads with "Pathfinder" in the title and clicked "move all".

If you feel other threads are in the wrong forum, please report them and we'll take a quick look and move them if necessary.

Geez Morrus I've had it with you and your cronies attempts at ruling the world. Why do you have to ruin everything for everyone with all your "biased" rulings.

You even say that EN World decisions aren't as important as UN decisions. You need to get a reality check dude. No one cares about the UN, but for a lot of us EN World is our lives. You're messing with our lives. Please stop messing with our lives. We like them the way they are.

Yours sincerely,

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads