• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[merged] Site speed threads x3

Camelot

Adventurer
I've been noticing the load times get slower and slower the past few weeks. It now usually takes a good 15-20 seconds (oh, noes!) for a page to load, which isn't terrible, but sometimes it just doesn't load at all, and I have to give EN World a rest before coming back.

renau1g

First Post
Anyone still noticing the site moving at a snail's pace? It takes forever to load up a page, sometimes timing out...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Incidentally, we also have some new hardware options lined up. However, much as I'd love to explain them, I don't understand them - but darjr is currently liasing with Cyberstreet on technical configuration stuff (it's either a new server, or a second sevrer to augment the current one, or something else...)

I'll let you know when I know more; it's a case of getting various people on the same page at the same time, as I understand it.

I really hope it helps. I have pretty much stopped coming to ENW more than once per week because of the speed during the last 2 and a half months or so. It has been anywhere from 10 to more than 60 seconds for each click for me during that period. As in 10 - 60+ to get to the forum, another to get to the thread I click on, more for each page I go to, then another to get to a reply page then another for the reply to post...

As you can imagine doing 3 pages of unread posts on a thread then replying can take about 10 minutes instead of 1 or 2.

I'll keep checking back every week or so for better results. Well at least until my subscription expires! ;)

EDIT: and my email notification hasn't worked for literally years, can you just turn it off if it is causing the slow down? Does it actually work for anyone?

Just FYI to get to the point of typing this from the main forum page took me 9 minutes :D

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
EDIT: and my email notification hasn't worked for literally years, can you just turn it off if it is causing the slow down?

Please. Email notifications are very handy for PBP, but I've pretty much gotten used to them not working. Insanely slow message boards, though, can't be worked around.

Seonaid

Explorer
CM and ENW are painfully slow recently. It's getting to the point where I don't want to come to either site. I definitely haven't been spending as much time as I normally do. I would say it's my connection, but all other sites are fine. I'm generally pretty easy going when it comes to this kind of thing, but the problems the past few days have made me think I want to cancel my subscriptions. :(

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Could we avoid "me too" posts, please, folks. As noted, we're aware of the problem, we're going with the assumption that nobody is magically an exception to it (so just assume all 90,000 members have posted "me too"), and we are working on it.

Thanks! We'll let you know when the new hardware is ready to go.

Remove ads