Slow page load speeds (esp. for included images and fonts)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
The only page that's sometimes a bit slow for me is the front page; also checking notifications while on that page by clicking on the little red number sometimes gives an error after a momentary lag.

The forum pages are fine and checking notifications works there as normal.

Sadly, slow page load speeds are still frequent for me (subjectively it's only better in the morning, maybe because US and Canadian users still sleep). Forum is better than the front page, but both are still notably slower than they were before the recent design change.

Airlifter

Explorer
Agree with all mentioning slow load times. The site is nearly unusable on mobile. Slowness seems related to image loads. Perhaps the images are stored in a location or using a method that is being impacted by other traffic or background processes?

kinwolf

Explorer
Just as an aside, if the site is terrible for you stay off the front page. Until it’s fixed.
That's... a very weird thing to say.
I came here to report the same thing. Not much to add then what was already reported, except this: Avatars in this very thread took over 2 mins to load too. So I guess I'll stay off the forums too? :-/
In the last week I've been traveling a bit for work, so I can say I've tried loading enworld in 3 different cities over 250 Km apart, with Arc browser(chromium), firefox, on mobile and desktop, Mac and PC, android and iPhone, on wifi and cell data(for mobile), logged in, logged out(but mostly logged out). Always the same slugginess. So, it does not seems like "individuals", unless the website has some magic detection that can track me all over the place with different IP, browsers, OSes, devices, locations and no cookies :p

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
That's... a very weird thing to say.
I came here to report the same thing. Not much to add then what was already reported, except this: Avatars in this very thread took over 2 mins to load too. So I guess I'll stay off the forums too? :-/
In the last week I've been traveling a bit for work, so I can say I've tried loading enworld in 3 different cities over 250 Km apart, with Arc browser(chromium), firefox, on mobile and desktop, Mac and PC, android and iPhone, on wifi and cell data(for mobile), logged in, logged out(but mostly logged out). Always the same slugginess. So, it does not seems like "individuals", unless the website has some magic detection that can track me all over the place with different IP, browsers, OSes, devices, locations and no cookies :p
Tell me about it.

Are you hitting the front page in all those instances?

Remove ads