Merging two images

XCorvis

First Post
I'm glad that was enough info for you. :)

Just a thought - when I see the "no" symbol, the slash usually goes from the upper right to the lower left. It probably doesn't matter...

ssampier

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
Thanks for the suggestion; GIMP did the trick very nicely.

I took the first three images and made the last two. Total time in the GIMP program--about two minutes.

Thanks!

It looks good, but I am disappointed by your treatment of my beloved Master Yoda. As for Spark (sic), I could care less.

Sir Brennen said:
FYI... for some reason, I never saw an email. :\

But it looks like you got the issue resolved.
Not a problem; I know email is not 100% perfect and it was a small enough project that I could figure it out. Also, with all the EN World email issues, maybe it doesn't send out the emails (or didn't for this particular one), even though it said it did. :)

XCorvis said:
I'm glad that was enough info for you. :)

Just a thought - when I see the "no" symbol, the slash usually goes from the upper right to the lower left. It probably doesn't matter...
You know, I never considered the direction of the slash. I just grabbed the first one I found on the internet. It's not enough of a design issue to make me redo it--especiallys since I already printed out the items for which I will be using the images.

ssampier said:
It looks good, but I am disappointed by your treatment of my beloved Master Yoda. As for Spark (sic), I could care less.
If it's any consolation, I love Yoda. The Star Wars character, I mean.

Twenty years ago, I was in graduate school. There were two people who, unbeknownst to themselves, got the nicknames Spock and Yoda. These names were never uttered in their presence (as they were derogatory nick names, not affectionate ones).

On the spur of the moment, we're trying to put together a 20-year reunion. Our "Spock" and "Yoda" classmates are not invited--mainly because they weren't in the same major as us.

So, I am putting the "NO" images on the mailout, really as a test to see if anyone remembers the joke. I don't think most people will remember, but it will be interesting to if anyone comments about it.

Remove ads