• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[META] ENWorld Europe Summer Insanity!!

LcKedovan

Explorer
Hi all of you European ENWorlders out there!

Some of you may have seen recently that the Boston ENWorlders have blown up Hong Kong, and the Chicago ENWorlders are planning who knows what kind of mafioso style Windy City shennanigans. (I shudder to think)

Well Horacio and I thought it would be a cool idea to try and arrange something for this summer sometime. Since we have no idea how many people would be interested in coming (and from what countries) I thought I would post here to see who is interested (if anyone). People from across the pond or in Asia are of course always welcome to join this planned international drinking festival....errrr. did I say drinking? surely I meant gaming!
I figure though money could be a problem for most.

Let your voices be heard! I know we have people all over Europe on here, so it would be good to see who is interested since it would probabaly affect location choice. Hope to hear from you all soon!

-Will

LcKedovan

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
What about the Gencon UK later in the year - I imagine that would be a godd place to meet up.

Heya Upper_Krust,

The main thinking behind a seperate event was last year they weren't even sure GenCon UK was going to happen, plus if it is in London again it will be damn expensive (hotels etc.), and would also cost to get into the event itself. (I lived in London, so I know what I'm talking about ;))

I'm not saying it's not possible (for me depends on the date as well), I just want to get a feel for who is interested, where they all live and arrange it after we find out who will commit. If 15 people from Sweden all say, hell yeah! and only one or two from elsewhere it makes more sense to hold it in Sweden. (just an example)

Plus a nice long weekend in a warm clime or cool environment drinking, swapping stories and running some games for each other has alot of appeal. IMHO :D

-Will

LcKedovan

Explorer
Mind You Upper_Krust, I just noticed you are in Ireland... now that could be cool ;).

Sweet Morrus!!! you could be our celebrity that really draws the people in! ;)

-Will

Last edited:

Frostmarrow

First Post
I'd like to meet with you guys for sure. I don't know if I'd like to go to Berlin or London. I don't know any German but Germany allows my to drive, which could make things easier. On the other hand the airfare from Stockholm to London is less than €100. (Do you put € before or after the sum I wonder.) So I guess that I'm okay with either option. Perhaps a vote is in order. Let's not forget about our Italian, Spanish and French friends.

Hopefully I could stuff Liquide in the trunk and be over before you can say "Man, this is good beer".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads