Metal School

Yeppers, shredheads and it kicks some serious hind quarters!
Ripper sounds more like Rob Halford on this album than anything he did with Judas Priest (IMO of course), but those guitars are unmistakably Yngwie. The sad part is, the lead off song is the weakest offering on the album (lyrically, musically and vocally, though actual production quality is high).
Looks like he scores with this one and Yngwie once again has a vocalist that can actually challenge him for the spotlight.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ah, but for how long?

Is Iced Earth dead? Are they looking for a new vocalist? Is this a rerun of the saga of Faith No More & Mr. Bungle or the journeys of Scott Weiland?

Stay tuned for the next episode of "As the Lead Singer Wanders!"

Herschel

Adventurer
. In 1972 Chiam Witz and Paul Eisen, formerly of Wiked Lester, recruited Peter Crisscola from an ad he posted in the Rolling Stone and dropped an ad in the New York Village Voice and snagged Paul Frehley to round out their new foursome.

A couple of nits: Chiam Witz had been going by Gene Klein for quite a while by this time (from Israel to the US as a child) and it was Stanley Eisen. Also, as a fellow drummer I'm surprised you made no mention of the original KISS style with lots of hard rock guitar over Peter's Motown-style beats.

A couple of nits: Chiam Witz had been going by Gene Klein for quite a while by this time (from Israel to the US as a child) and it was Stanley Eisen. Also, as a fellow drummer I'm surprised you made no mention of the original KISS style with lots of hard rock guitar over Peter's Motown-style beats.

Good catches, though Gene has since reverted to Chiam Witz, hence the reference, but the inclusion is well noted. Wasn't aware of the Stanley Eisen versus Paul Eisen - I'll have to check my sources... (That's why I love this thread - I learn too.) As for the musical stylings, it never really occurred to me to mention it as it kind of presents itself when you listen to them, but the mention is right on.

As a drummer you'll get a kick out of this, I was watching a KISS concert circa Alive II on VH1C the other day and Peter's solo in "God of Thunder" kicks in. My wife who has heard me play a million times, but hasn't every really gotten into live albums by any group yells from the other room - "is that your solo on the TV?" lol - needless to say I can point to him as an influence. :D

Asmo

First Post
Speaking of Kiss...Kiss is back with a new album called Sonic Boom - I´ve listened to it about 10times,and as a long time (-75) Kiss fan I´m really happy.This is a great hard rock album,filled with the classic Kiss sound.

Asmo

Remove ads