• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metropolis (The Heart of the City) - Chapter Three

jkason

First Post
Ru's ears perk up at talk of the city's heart, and he says "Sounds like a good plan, Ghost. Since I don't think we want to let Stephanie out of our sight, perhaps she might prove useful. Maybe being near the daughter of the host might loosen their normal reserve at strangers approaching them?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"There are others who have the marks on their hands though. I touched my coin to Stephanie and the impression was burned into my hand. Perhaps the rest of you should do the same." Taran says, as he holds Stephanie's hand reassuringly.

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik speaks to the group in a low voice as well "Uh Taran, didn't that worry you some? That's some wierd mojo goin' on. Maybe all these people here have had ocassion to touch Stephanie while holding a coin. Heck for all we know one of these people might be 'you-know-who'." adds Jovik in a whisper. " think about it, makes sense. Taran ask Steph if she could recognize the guy. I mean the yellows have to take their robes off sometime and have a life out side it. Why not here?" adds the ever wary Jackal.

Bront

The man with the probe
"There has been plenty of odd things going on, so it's hard to rank one over the other." Taran says. "But she didn't seem bothered when I touched the coin to her."

"Stephanie, do you recognize anyone here from before I found you?" Taran asks.

Festy_Dog

First Post
When people start sharing sensitive details Ba'aktar's eyes scan the crowd, and even his comrades, for any indications that he shouldn't open his mouth. He speaks softly, paranoid after having the presence of these 'Lords' pointed out to him.

"The coin in my pocket, it changed into a key," the half-orc said hurriedly.

With that he stepped over next to Ghost and slipped the key into the elf's hand, "Does it mean anything?"

Phoenix

First Post
Bront said:
"There has been plenty of odd things going on, so it's hard to rank one over the other." Taran says. "But she didn't seem bothered when I touched the coin to her."

"Stephanie, do you recognize anyone here from before I found you?" Taran asks.

Stephanie nods her head..."Auw off dem."

Through the throngs of people, several faces look across to the new arrivals, obviously gauging their social influence. Ghost's eyes drift across to a far part of the compound...were they ogres? Who was that man standing near them...Thylon, wasn't that his name? Taran stared across near an area where a large group of children gathered to watch a clown, who was that watching the children, it was a dwarf...Giante?

Ba'aktar's hand opened up to show the Key, but his eyes caught those of a guard near the compound walls. Even through the heavy plate armour, Yu'olan couldn't hide himself.

Ghost looked at the Key, there would be no mistake this time, he remembered all about the Lords of Metropolis, so the appearance of The Key was a clencher.

Ba'aktar held the Key to Metropolis.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Well Ru, that seems to solve your 'little' problem" says the Jackal elbowing Ru in the ribs over his lame pun. "The question now is what to do with it. We have what everyone wants. Could be worth a pretty penny to some. 'course I wouldn't sell to some. But I think what we need to determine is how to use this to stops the yellows and their leader."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ghost subtly points Thylon out to his companions "That guy over there is called Thylon, he's a family trader, one of those scum that trade in children, he's a ruthless ba$tard. They say he even sold his own mother to organ farmers, evil he is."

Remove ads