• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metropolis (The Heart of the City) - Chapter Three

Festy_Dog

First Post
"That guard over yonder in the plate, I know him. He's Yu'olan. Organised jobs for me, I thought he was dead," Ba'aktar said, then chuckled grimly, "He's the only one I haven't killed. Anyway, what's the key mean? Speak quick cos I want to get it back in my pocket before someone sees it."

jkason

First Post
"Well, the Killi-kelli-hek claim it's theirs," Ru offers. "I'm still not sure what cannibals need with a city key, but there you go. And it sounds from what the children were saying that the yellow robes either have one or need one to enact their plan. Since it just showed up in Ba'aktar's pocket, it's obviously magical. You know, we could always try it in a door and see what happens."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ghost concurs with Ru. Other than the fact the key used to be awarded to certain individuals who performed great deeds for the city and that it was believed to just be a token of the city's gratitude he knew not much more. He added that it was found out to mean much more then just gratitude and was soon sought after by the desperate, greedy and villianous.

Phoenix

First Post
Jovik:
[sblock]NPC Spot Check (DC 16) +19 - Success
NPC Spot Check (DC 18) +16 - Failure
NPC Hide Check (DC 24 - Jovik's Spot) +20 - Failure

The group deeply in discussion, Jovik's eyes drift across the crowd still, caution as well as instinct still driving him in this place. A server holding a tray of drinks seems to be watching the group, his eyes staring openly at the Key in Ba'aktar's hands. Without wasting any time he puts the tray down and moves through the crowd, attempting to hide himself within (quite skillfully too) and heads towards a throng of men near the manor wall.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
With a nod of his head Jovik indicates a man heading through the crowd. "We've been made boys, better put that away Bruno, they'll have the hardest time getting it from you. He's aheaded for that group over by the wall. We better get ready to run or rumble."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ghost looks up at the man Jovik indicates, stepping forward, so he is the first man that the 'enemy' will meet, he puts on his most disarming smile and awaits the pleasure of their adversary.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Ba'aktar stuffed the key into his pocket and let Ghost get in between him and his prospective foes.

"I was wondering when the killing would start," Ba'aktar said, and audibly cracked his knuckles.

His hand came to rest on his khora and he started looking for the toughest member of the group of guards that would inevitably come after them.

Phoenix

First Post
The throng of men over near the manor moved towards the group, Ghost prepared to intercept them diplomatically, while Ba'aktar prepared a less-than warm welcome. There was eight of them that strode forward, though none of them wore armour nor bore any apparent arms, looking hardly like guards and more like party goers.

From the group a larger robust man dressed in garb that could pay for a family's meals for a decade, stepped forward. He was balding, unattractive, but gave a smile that the foolish would take for friendship and the wary would see as a sales pitch.

"Ghost! My friend!" Zimmerman stepped forward to shake the albino's hand, "I knew you'd come through, after all there can't be a party without the lady of honour!"

Taran:
[sblock]There is a slight tugging on Taran's leg as Zimmerman approaches, Stephanie looks up at the halfling and whispers, "Dat's him."[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Taran examines Zimmerman carefully, while interposing himself between Zimmerman and Stephanie. He looks over to Ghost and motion slightly with his head towards Zimmerman.

[sblock=Pheonix]Wow, she's small if she's looking up to me :lol:. Hoping to indicate to Ghost that Stephanie is indicating Zimmerman. I'll let you determine if he gets an Sblock telling him what I ment from that[/sblock]

Remove ads