• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metropolis (The Heart of the City) - Chapter Three

D20Dazza

Explorer
Casting a grateful look at Ru Ghost states simply "You look quite the popin-jay friend Ru, nice choices" turning to Jelice he continues "I see friend Taran has something for me to try on and we are awfully pressed for time. Might we make a dinner date for 2 evenings hence so we can get to know each other better?"

Phoenix

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Casting a grateful look at Ru Ghost states simply "You look quite the popin-jay friend Ru, nice choices" turning to Jelice he continues "I see friend Taran has something for me to try on and we are awfully pressed for time. Might we make a dinner date for 2 evenings hence so we can get to know each other better?"

Jellice smiles and runs the tips of her fingers, as well as her sharp fingernails, across Ghost's cheek, and throat. "Whell my swheet, you hand your bhoys take what yhou need, I whill look forwhard to hour dhinner..." A glisten of excitement sparkles in her eyes and her lips moisten. She gestures uncaringly at the rest of the group as if they were nothing more than a distraction to some grand plan of hers, involving Ghost of course.

D20Dazza

Explorer
"Why thank you my dear, most magnaminous of you" Ghost says as he stands and edges his way towards the door "I will be sure to return once we have completed our current mission, until then good day"

Phoenix

First Post
With a smiling Jellice watching Ghost leave, quite intently, the group wandered out past the gnoll guards easily and into the streets of Shieldtown once more. The muddied roads dragged onwards through the swelting heat, coupled with sudden thunder and a rainstorm that burst suddenly overhead. The road to Greenhills was an easy one though, ending in a large stone wall surrounding the suburb, it's only entrance in sight a large set of wooden doors guarded by several men upon the battlements.

jkason

First Post
"I believe this is the part where you come in, Ghost," Ru says, jabbing a thumb in the direction of the gates. "I assume your employer gave you a means of entering this little fortress of priviledge?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Ba'aktar peered at the guards on their battlements.

"I have a key for those gates," Ba'aktar said, taking grip of his sword's handle then chuckling.

It was only a joke, but he'd much have preferred his own suggested means of getting in, rather than playing nice.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ghots digs in his cloak pockets and pulls out a neatly folded piece of paper, walking to the door he knocks with purpose and awaits the pleasure of the gaurds, while waiting he unfolds the piece of paper and reads the invitation again "Hmmm doesn't say anything about the entourage but we'll see how things play out" he thinks to himself.

Phoenix

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Ghots digs in his cloak pockets and pulls out a neatly folded piece of paper, walking to the door he knocks with purpose and awaits the pleasure of the gaurds, while waiting he unfolds the piece of paper and reads the invitation again "Hmmm doesn't say anything about the entourage but we'll see how things play out" he thinks to himself.

After a brief pause the small door in the city gate opens to reveal a man dressed in chainmail armour holding a loaded crossbow. His mouth opens as if to say something before he looks down at Ghost's outstrectched hand. Plucking the card away from the albino, the reads it carefully, then looks at Ghost, then past him.

"Right-o." The guard says in a gruff voice. "But tell me something first, why come through Shieldtown...and you smell like you've been trudging through a sewer..."

Remove ads