• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metropolis - The Weight of the World (and Found Wanting)

Fenris

Adventurer
Phoenix said:
The other two knights began swinging at the creatures, but this foe was no mighty creature, but many tiny adversaries. Whale beat on the door and called for Dragon, his hammer crashing against the tough little draconic creatures as he tried to call the knight out.

Cursing at the firey gnats, Alexi switches tactics and uses his shield as a weapon, swinging it in powerful arcs to bash aside the dragons.

As a crew man runs by with more water for the small fires popping up, Alexi sticks an arm out to hold the man a moment:

"Do you have nets on board" he asks as he swings his shield again.

Komodo

First Post
Phoenix said:
Within the tower a massive construction of scaffolding covered the inside of the walls, hundreds of supports and ropes stretched across the open spaces, supporting a large iron pole. The pole plunged downwards into a shaft that plunged deep into the earth, down deeper than Corbin could see.

There were only three people in the tower, dressed in dirty tunics and pants, they were pouring over tablets, scrolls and what looked like metal plates joined in the corner by a great ring. Corbin and the soldiers didn't even disturb the three's conversation.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry about my recent lack of posting. Been busy getting moved into my new dorm. Regular posting should resume now.[/sblock]

Corbin furrowed his brow for a moment, then relaxed and smiled. He jogged over to the researchers. He stood on tiptoes to get his head as close to the other men's as possible, glanced at their work, then piped up, "Hello, there. What are you all working on? It looks interesting."

Phoenix

First Post
GlassEye said:
"Ymris. Of Three Stone Green." She bows to the lizard-like Senor Draconis. "Thank you for your hospitality and for taking the time to see me. I'll take up as little of your time as possible." She gazes frankly at Draconis. "I seek work."

"Well my sweet, it seems that you are hardly the type to come knocking on my door looking for coppers, but looks can be deceiving." Senor Draconis padded into the room, smiling a little to himself, before turning his back to Ymris, parting the curtains, and looking out the window into the streets.

"Tell me then, my should I give you work over the hundreds of others that ask the same of me. What do you have to offer that I do not already possess?"

Phoenix

First Post
Tonks said:
Reaching into the rapidly shrinking coin purse, Azot fished the bits out and handed them to the fisherman. The ride had been blessed by Sebek to be sure and he knelt upon the ground to pray.

"You have guided me this far Sebek, now guide me once more. Allow your vengence to guide my steps towards those who would destroy us all."

As the fisherman's craft pulled away, Azot squinted up into the hazy sky to see where the sun rested.

'Five hours, maybe six until it is dark.'

Looking at the buildings around him, Azot searched for the first one with an open door.

'I will get a better view if I can see the area around me.'

Azot shoulded a heavy door open and walked through the hall of an abandoned inn, his eyes careful to note the shuffling of homeless in the shadows. Climbing the stairway to the fourth floor, the dwarf pushed open a shutter that fell into the alley below with a clatter.

From here the view was less than spectacular, everything looked the same. There were streets, buildings, people, and everything was shades of grey. Surely divine questers were supposed to be guided by visions and portents in their journey, clues on how to reach their goal. Perhaps that strange ogre-man could've told him more, explained in more detail, anything.

A sweet sickly stench blew through the streets for a moment, distracting the dwarf from his musings. In the darkness below shadows flickered, but Azot's eyes pieced the darkness with ease and allowed him to see the dwarfs running along the alleyway carrying a long wooden chest.

Phoenix

First Post
Fenris said:
Cursing at the firey gnats, Alexi switches tactics and uses his shield as a weapon, swinging it in powerful arcs to bash aside the dragons.

As a crew man runs by with more water for the small fires popping up, Alexi sticks an arm out to hold the man a moment:

"Do you have nets on board" he asks as he swings his shield again.

[sblock=Combat: Round Two]Alexi attack roll (Dragon AC 19) +18/+15 - Miss/Miss
Dragons attack rolls (Alexi AC 19) +22/+18/+19 - Hit/Miss/Hit
Alexi Reflex Saves (DC 11) +12/+17 - Success/Success
Dragons damage rolls - 2pts/1pts (29/35hp)[/sblock]

Alexi swung wildely at the creatures, knocking aside handfuls of the creatures but doing little damage to the swarm past stunning them momentarily with his heavy shield. His voice barely carried over the hum of the swarm that harrassed the sailors and began gnawing at the rigging and heaving fire onto the decks.

One of the sailors turned and looked across the deck at a large pile of netting slumped against the side of the barge. Several dragons had already caught themselves in it while trying to devour it, or set it on fire, Alexi couldn't really tell.

From behind him there was a cracking of wood as a door burst open, follwed by the stomping of a fully armoured Dragon swinging his long blade in the air without precision and taking cover beneath his shield.

"Knights! These creatures are known to me, they are attracted to sweet smells. There is something on board that attracts their hunger!"

Phoenix

First Post
Komodo said:
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about my recent lack of posting. Been busy getting moved into my new dorm. Regular posting should resume now.[/sblock]

Corbin furrowed his brow for a moment, then relaxed and smiled. He jogged over to the researchers. He stood on tiptoes to get his head as close to the other men's as possible, glanced at their work, then piped up, "Hello, there. What are you all working on? It looks interesting."

Corbin's voice stopped all conversation as the three scrabbled across stone grasping at daggers and small swords that lay nearby. "Who...who are you? Get back, you'll not take us!"

Fenris

Adventurer
Phoenix said:
"Knights! These creatures are known to me, they are attracted to sweet smells. There is something on board that attracts their hunger!"

"Well what in the name of the Jackal could that be?" shouted back Alexi. Sweet, sweet, what could be sweet.

Alexi had a thought. Burgi wasn't sweet to him, well to many people. But it was the only thing he could think that might be sweet. Besides he thought, if the little buggers were drunk the might roast each other or be easier to catch.

Alexi points to the netting on the deck. "Boar! Whale! Use the net to gather them up." shouts Alexi over the din of the drone of wings. He them rushes with his shield in front of him towards where Mikla is tethered. He grabs a bottle of burgi and heads back to the end of the ship near Dragon.

"Let's see if it's this" he calls out to Dragon as he uncorks the bottle of precious liquor.

Scotley

Hero
Jazick

"A pleasure to meet you Jen," he says with a slight bow. Jazick is a tall thin young man. His skin is fair and his hair black. He has fine features suggesting a highborn birth and bright eyes of green that carry a hint of sadness. He carries scars of the fire on his back and the left hand. There are other scars earned more recently—a product of his life on the street. Fingerless gloves of black kidskin are perhaps the finest and least worn of his clothes. He wears a worn gray tunic over a light mail shirt. Brown leggings and soft low comfortable boots cover his legs. A once fine black cloak lined with a russet and silver herringbone swallows Jazick’s narrow shoulders. He is armed with a sword and longbow. "I've come here seeking knowledge of the strange religion that propered here once. Some things that are happening back home in Candlestick Lane seem to be related to it. Do you know what happened here?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Phoenix said:
"Well my sweet, it seems that you are hardly the type to come knocking on my door looking for coppers, but looks can be deceiving." Senor Draconis padded into the room, smiling a little to himself, before turning his back to Ymris, parting the curtains, and looking out the window into the streets.

"Tell me then, my should I give you work over the hundreds of others that ask the same of me. What do you have to offer that I do not already possess?"

For a moment Ymris silently watches the creature gaze out the window. "Those hundreds out there..." She waves absently towards the window Draconis looks out of. "...what sort of lives have they had? Brutish, short, full of misery. It's likely you could buy them for a few coppers but they lack education or skills that a man such as yourself might find useful. I was trained in arms at Three Stone Green and tutored in the esoteric arts." She pauses then blurts out, "And I don't give two figs for your coppers." Again she motions towards the window. "They'll lick your boots and tell you what they think you want to hear but I'll tell you how I see it."

Bront

The man with the probe
Scotley said:
"A pleasure to meet you Jen," he says with a slight bow. Jazick is a tall thin young man. His skin is fair and his hair black. He has fine features suggesting a highborn birth and bright eyes of green that carry a hint of sadness. He carries scars of the fire on his back and the left hand. There are other scars earned more recently—a product of his life on the street. Fingerless gloves of black kidskin are perhaps the finest and least worn of his clothes. He wears a worn gray tunic over a light mail shirt. Brown leggings and soft low comfortable boots cover his legs. A once fine black cloak lined with a russet and silver herringbone swallows Jazick’s narrow shoulders. He is armed with a sword and longbow. "I've come here seeking knowledge of the strange religion that propered here once. Some things that are happening back home in Candlestick Lane seem to be related to it. Do you know what happened here?"
"No, I realy don't. I was just told to get something from her or else..." Jen closes her eyes and looks away, "I just need to get something."

Jen almond shaped eyes of emerald are striking, and her medium skin is flawed only by the occasional bruise. Her hair is dark black and somewhat short, perhaps a little unevenly cut. As she relaxed, her long cloak opened up to reveal a shapely figure underneath and the cloathing of perhaps a bar maid, though it is dirty, with a bit of blood and torn in places. She is rather short and slight.

[sblock=OOC]Any chance we can spot anything for builing a ramp of some kind?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads