• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Micronauts d20

Brutorz Bill

First Post
I just picked up the new micronauts comic and it got me to thinking (dangerous I know), what about a d20 version of the Micronauts? The old Marvel Series was great. One could use the rules from Dragonstar, Star Wars and a plethora of other d20 books to fill in the gaps where needed. Baron Karza was always one of my favorite villians.

A different version of the Hornetroid can be found on my site :
http://www.angelfire.com/games/Alterniverse/dragonstar/dstar1.htm

bolen

First Post
I am afraid I just remember the toys, were there comics as well. I loved my toys as I remember you could rebuild them all into new robots. What was in the comic was it just stories of the toys?

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Yes indeed Mr. Bolen.. There was a comic book series done by Marvel. The series went waay beyond the toys, all kinds of cool stuff and ideas.
The new series is by Image so some of my old favorite characters (Bug) aren't in it due to licensing reasons. But good old Baron Karza is still around.
Later,
Brutorz Bill

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Guess I'm showing my age, but yes indeed there were toys. Came out before the original Star Wars action figures, the comic series was loosely based upon them, but had all kinds of twists and turns.
I may have to dig out some of my old comics and see strange ideas I can work up for my campaign.

plodnik

First Post
Ah yes, the Michae; Golden artwork of the first ten issues of the Marvel series was just spectacular.

Great. Thanks Bill, now'll I'll have to dig out my back issues too.

How the heck would you do Biotron? or the Acroyears?

Gonna have to think ob this one a bit...

bolen

First Post
I think you are wrong, Micronauts came out after Star Wars not before. Star Wars introduced the "action figure" I think. I was six at the time so what would I know?

bolen

First Post
So who did then? (invent action figure) I know I had those little green army men. But all my other people were dolls (like GI Joe)

WHO IS A PERSON NOT A TEAM

Remove ads