• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Midnight: Peril in Arbordale

maddmic

Explorer
Kuknar had been quiet during the exchange between the burnt man and Elidur. He had also been quiet to this point in Miri's tale. Once she has finished, and expressed her hopes the Dworg nods. "I have come to help Miri. I believe this to be the beginning of my journey."

At Elidur's suggetsion he stands. "I agree. This type of cowardice is typical of Orcs. I have a feeling though that this is not what it seems and we should tread lightly." Those who are watching him notice that there are several orcish canines hanging on leather straps from the handle of his axe.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Motioning to Alhadrial, Darius indicated that he looked forward to speaking more at a later time. . .

Darius looked at the Dorn who insulted Thrarn, and tensed in anticiptation of the discussion coming to blows. Darius was ready to defend him against all those here. But, Thrarn calmly defended himself and the Dorn and he appeared to reconcile. Darius looked quite proudly at his friend, Thrarn. . .

Darius listened intently as Miri wove her tale. "That is definitely a sad and disturbing story, ma'am. If there's anything I can do to help, of course I will try. Did anything unusual happen in the days leading up to the first killing? I wonder if there is something more there."

Dane Swift

Dane moves to one side, out of the way of any charging opponents, but close enough to help break up a fight if nessasary. Through all of this he remains quite, watching the reactions off the others as things play out.

Elidur's face brightens a little and he turns to the others, trying to sound more upbeat, "I say we go and talk to this Jarnath fellow and see if he can fill in some details for us."

Miri turns to the Dorn. "Good luck getting anything useful from him. He is not right in his mind and his suffering has caused him to lose sight of reality. But I suppose that he'd be as good a person to start with as any, especially since the deaths started with his wife."

"I have come to help Miri. I believe this to be the beginning of my journey."

"I thank you, Kuknar," Miri says with a slight bow to the stout dworg.

Darius listened intently as Miri wove her tale. "That is definitely a sad and disturbing story, ma'am. If there's anything I can do to help, of course I will try. Did anything unusual happen in the days leading up to the first killing? I wonder if there is something more there."

Miri turns her attention to Darius. "Nothing unusual happened during the days leading up to the death of Jarnath's wife. At least nothing that I can remember...nothing that stands out."

Lastly, Miri turns to Thrarn. "I am sorry for your loss Thrarn. I hope that you will help us. Maybe you can help to make sure that no one here has to suffer as you have had to in your short life."

Dane Swift

Dane turns to Miri, "Of course i'll do what ever i can to help. At the very least i hope it will repay you for your hospitality."

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
Kuknar returns the older lady's bow and is content to wait for the others to come to their decision as he has already made his mind up.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Darius looked to Thrarn to make the decision for the both of them. He intended to stand by his friend's side whatever his choice and Darius knew this would be a difficult decision for him to make.

Regardless of the decision, Darius planned on speaking with Alhadrial before he departed. The meeting of twos elves in such a place as this may have been for more than the troubles of this village.

Mirth

Explorer
Toric_Arthendain said:
Miri turns to the Dorn. "Good luck getting anything useful from him. He is not right in his mind and his suffering has caused him to lose sight of reality. But I suppose that he'd be as good a person to start with as any, especially since the deaths started with his wife."

"My thoughts exactly," Elidur says to the halfling hostess. "Now, who should talk with him? The sudden appearance of a dworg or an elf on his doorstep is bound to give a further shock to his system and, no offense, but Thrarn you might provoke a stronger reaction than that."

"So that leaves Dane and myself, I suppose," Elidur looks the other man over. "I don't suppose you've got a soft tongue? As you can see, I've provoked one argument already..."

Last edited:

OOC: I'll be posting for Thrarn as needed for the time being. I believe he may be away from the boards for a little while.

IC:
Miri turns her attention to Elidur. "Jarnath is unlikely to even notice that there are elves and a dworg amongst you, so who is present when he is questioned is not much of a consideration."

With a glance at Darius, Thrarn speaks up. "I will help in whatever way I can. This village is suffering and if I can help ease it in some way, I will."

Once everyone has agreed to help Arbordale, Miri smiles warmly, the wrinkles around her mouth smoothing out a bit. "I thank you all, strangers until only a short time ago. With your help, hopefully this mystery can be unraveled. If you wish to start with speaking to Jarnath, I can tell you that he lives on the west side of town. Follow the road through the center of town and the last house you see before leaving Arbordale behind is his."

Remove ads