• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Midnight: Peril in Arbordale

Fordin and Kuknar both begin to remove snow from the mouth of the cave while Darius looks around the area for signs of any other recent travelers in the area. Seraphina and Elidur remain alert for trouble while the others work.

Twenty minutes of back-breaking labor later, enough snow has been moved for everyone to enter the caves easily. Darius has found no signs of any recent travel around the area.

You cautiously enter the cavemouth and stop just inside to let your eyes adjust to the dim light. The Ogre that several of you participated in killing on the first trip to the caves two days ago still lies near the cavemouth. Moving deeper inside with Fordin and Kuknar in the lead, you come to the first area where the tunnel branches to the left and right and continues straight ahead. To the right is the tunnel that lead to the cavern where the Ogre made his home. To the left is a tunnel that ends in a dead end. About thirty feet further on the tunnel splits into a Y. The left hand branch leads to the dead end cave where the little girl was last seen. The branch to the right leads to the unknown.

OOC: Map attached to my previous post is still accurate at this point.

Last edited:

bkmanis

First Post
[Trader's Tongue]"Which way did you explore the last time you were here?"[/Trader's Tongue] Fordin asks Kuknar. [Trader's Tongue]"Since it has been a couple of days when you last searched the area we should search the area again, just in case."[/Trader's Tongue] Fordin suggests.

maddmic

Explorer
Kuknar points to the left. [Trader's Tongue]"That is where the girl was. It is a dead end, but I do agree that we should check it first before continuing to the right."[/Trader's Tongue]

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
[Trader's Tongue]"So, we check the old ogre's cave - to make certain nothing came in from the snows? Sounds good to me,"[/Trader's Tongue] Darius added. [Trader's Tongue]"We should at least check all of the areas we already did as it has been a day or more."[/Trader's Tongue]

Rechecking the ogre's cave turns up nothing different than your first trip into the caves. Checking the other passage, the dead end across from the ogre's cave also turns up nothing interesting. Moving back to the Y intersection, where the left hand passage leads to where the girl was last seen, you hear scraping sounds coming from the right hand passage. It sounds like metal on stone...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Darius drew his bow and nocked an arrow, keeping to the Y in the passage. From there, he alternated from watching to passage where the girl came from and the passage with the noise.

"Well," Darius said quietly upon hearing the noise, "that's definitely new. . . *"

He looked to those more capable than he in combat to continue ahead.

*: Trader's Tongue

maddmic

Explorer
Nodding to Darius, Kuknar motions for his clansman and heads off in the direction of the sound. Before leading the group down the path, he takes time to mention, [Trader's Tongue]"Don't forget we got ambushed from behind once here. Somebody had better keep an eye on the left passage."[/Trader's Tongue]

G

Guest 11456

Seraphina (Sera) Anastriana Wogrenspact : Nomadic Halfling Wildlander 4

maddmic said:
Nodding to Darius, Kuknar motions for his clansman and heads off in the direction of the sound. Before leading the group down the path, he takes time to mention, [Trader's Tongue]"Don't forget we got ambushed from behind once here. Somebody had better keep an eye on the left passage."[/Trader's Tongue]

Sera nods at Kuknar's request and watches their backs. Groo-Yek stays close to the halfling feeling a preternatural bond to protect her at all costs. The large Wogren lifts its head and sniffs the air for signs of trouble.

Mirth

Explorer
Upon hearing the noise, Elidur makes a motion for the rest of the party to become silent. The wildlander stoops to the floor of the cavern and in the flickering torchlight, uses his keen almost-elven eyesight to look for signs of the girl's passing. If none are visible, he indicates to the others that he thinks they should clear the left-hand passage first before investigating the source of the scraping sounds.

OOC: Sorry for the disappearance. I'm back.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads