Midnight: Peril in Arbordale

Mirth

Explorer
Keia said:
Darius turns, trying to determined the location of the pleas for help. Not the first time, Darius regretted convincing Thrarn to stay behind at the inn and rest up . . . for Thrarn had the team's torches. Sighing, Darius made his way as best as he could in the growing darkness.

"Getting too dark for me to see back here, if someone has a light," Darius said.

OOC: Lowlight vision

"I have the same problem," Elidur whispered as he moved back towards Darius. "Though my eyes are keener than any other Dorn I've met, they are no help when it comes to darkness like this. Alas, I have no torch either. I suppose we let the Dwarfkin take the lead now."

OOC: Lowlight vision

OOC: We'll assume that you all took Thrarn's torches before setting out for the caves.

IC:
Fordin and Kuknar cautiously move forward to where they can see into most of the large cavern. They are both suprised to see something, humanoid in appearance, to their left about thirty feet away. It is crouched on the ground, savagely feeding on the body of another human-shaped form. Blood covers the mouth and face of the feeding creature, as well as its hands and the front of its tattered shirt. The metal scraping noise is being made by a sword sheathed at the creature's hip, scraping on the stone ground every so often as it tears into the body it feeds on.

Seconds later, just as Fordin and Kuknar finish taking in the grotesque scene, a horde of similar looking creatures burst from the shadows on the far side of the cavern, rushing towards you. The feeding creature looks up at you and smiles, blood and bits of gore dripping from its teeth and mouth. The creatures are obviously Fell, although of a type more advanced in decay than those previously encountered by the group.

Sera and Elidur are unable to see this scene because of their positioning, but Darius can see something moving rapidly towards the group from the dark areas of the cavern, and everyone can hear them.

The voice crying out for help has fallen silent...

OOC:
Initiative
Fordin 27
Darius 25
Elidur 19
Fell 18
Seraphina 16
Kuknar 7

New tactical map is attached. Squares are five foot.

S=Sera
D=Darius
F=Fordin
K=Kuknar
E=Elidur
F1-F8=Fell

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
Despite the fact that he cannot see what opposes the group, he can hear it approaching. Elidur readies his shortbow and stands at his full height above the heads of his companions, aiming for the first creature he sees coming forward.

maddmic

Explorer
Seeing the fell running towards them, a savage grin creeps across Kuknar's face. Turning to Fordin he cries out. "Today, we show these fowl beings what it is like to come across our clan. I will see you on the other side cousin!" With that, he lets out a blood curddling scream mixed with his clans curses and battle cries. He lifts his axe and charges the closest Fell.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Darius Darrowdown Wood Elf Channeler 4 - 10 points remain

Darius retrieved a torch from his pack and lit it, letting the fire catch. To those behind him, he called out, "They come.*" He stepped to the right allowing the others behind him to get at the fell as well.

He then realized how silly what he said sounded like after the battle cry from Kuknar.

* - Trader's tongue
OOC: If the torch was already lit, then Darius will invoke mage armor on himself.

OOC:
Initiative
Fordin 27
Darius 25
Elidur 19
Fell 18
Seraphina 16
Kuknar 7

IC:
Fordin rushes into the cavern and engages the nearest Fell, the one who was feasting when the group entered the cavern. He swings his axe but the foul creature ducks the attack.

Darius moves five feet to his right, up against the passage wall and invokes his arcane power to protect himself from enemy attacks.

Elidur moves five feet forward up next to Darius and fires his shortbow at one of the lead Fell (F2) but misses badly, his show disappearing into the shadows behind the approaching creatures.

The Fell rush forward, four of them surrounding Fordin, three pinning Kuknar up against the wall and another engaging Elidur who still has his shortbow in his hands. Fell1, 3, 5 and 7 all attack Fordin viciously with their fists, ragged nails and forearms. Fell1 is the only one that connects, punching the dwarf in the face. (OOC: 6 points of damage)

Fell2, 4 and 8 attack Kuknar in the same manner as those engaged with Fordin but only Fell4 manages a hit, slashing the dworg with ragged fingernails across his midsection. (OOC: 5 points of damage)

Fell6 does not attack, having moved to far even for a charge.

Seraphina moves up next to Elidur and attacks the Fell threatening him with her short sword but misses.

Finding himself surrounded, Kuknar lashes out at Fell8 with his axe but fails to connect.

OOC:
Damage Totals
Fordin = 6
Kuknar = 5

New tactical map is attached. Squares are five foot.

S=Sera
D=Darius
F=Fordin
K=Kuknar
E=Elidur
F1-F8=Fell

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Darius Darrowdown Wood Elf Channeler 4 - 8 points remain

Darius took a step closer to Kuknar and turned at a 45 degree angle into the cave. Darius then invoked Burning Hands, hoping to catch all four of the fell in the flames.

"Time to light things up," Darius commented. He almost shook himself. That was the second lame comment, I must be more shaken than I thought, Darius thought.

OOC: 5' Adjust, Invoke Burning Hands (4d4 damage, Reflex DC 15) Defensively (Concentration +7), Draw Longsword.

Mirth

Explorer
Toric_Arthendain said:
Elidur moves five feet forward up next to Darius and fires his shortbow at one of the lead Fell (F2) but misses badly, his shot disappearing into the shadows behind the approaching creatures.

The Fell rush forward ... another engaging Elidur who still has his shortbow in his hands. Seraphina moves up next to Elidur and attacks the Fell threatening him with her short sword but misses.

Elidur drops his bow quickly and attacks the Fell using his well-honed Defender abilities. His hands and feet move in a blur, trying to make contact with the rotting flesh of his enemy, awaiting the sound of snapping bone with great anticipation. (OOC: Improved Unarmed Strike 1d6)

Remove ads