Midnight: Peril in Arbordale

Thrarn

First Post
With lightning speed, Tharn steps forward and fires one arrow after another into the fell standing between him and Fordin.

OOC: Use rapid shot on Fell3. Should it fall before Tharns attack then will move closer to Fell2 and fire at it.
Mighty Composite Longbow(+2 STR Bonus) / +8 ranged / 1d8+2 / X3 critical
Assuming Thrarn gets the +2 flank bonus, the +8 is his RaB with all bonuses/feats/penalties included.

Mirth

Explorer
Toric_Arthendain said:
With Fell1 and Fell7 now out of the fight, Elidur is forced to step over the body of Fell7 to get to Fell5. He swings his bastard sword and the blade slices deep, catching the creature in the stomach. It drops to the ground, sliding off his blade on the way down and stops moving.

Looking up, Elidur catches sight of Thrarn aiming his bow into melee. For a moment, the Dorn fears that Thrarn has become Fell as well, but when the arrow flies into a fiend's throat, he smiles. Then he remembers his friend Alhadrial and calls out to Thrarn, [Erenlander]"The elf! Is he with you?!?"[/Erenlander]

OOC: If Fordin becomes overwhelmed, Elidur will join in. However, his main concern now is rescuing Alhadrial.

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
Kuknar's lust for battle seems to be subsiding in his inability to hit his target. Gripping his axe with more determination, he swings at the Fell again.

Thrarn

First Post
“Alhadrial has fallen,” Thrarn shouts back at Elidur in between reloading his bow. “There was nothing I could do.”

OOC:
Initiative
Fordin 27
Darius 25
Thrarn 22
Elidur 19
Fell 18
Seraphina 16
Kuknar 7

IC:
Fordin turns his attention to Fell3, attacking the creature with his waraxe. He strikes a mighty blow, nearly cleaving the creature in two. It falls to the floor lifelessly. (OOC: 11 points of damage)

Seeing that his services are not needed at the moment, Darius takes a moment to look around and it is then that he notices the half-eaten body of Alhadrial lying nearby. The first Fell spotted in the cavern was feasting on it.

With the Fell between him and Fordin no longer moving, Thrarn turns his attention to Fell2 that is engaged in melee with Kuknar and fires. He needs only one arrow to drop the foul creature where he stands. (OOC: 7 points of damage)

The echoing sounds of battle fade in the cavern interior as the last of the Fell goes down. Elidur spots Alhadrial's body a few feet away from him, horrified to find him half eaten, large chunks of flesh and muscle missing from his torso and legs.

OOC:
Fordin is down 6 hit points and no one else in the group is injured.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Darius Darrowdown Wood Elf Channeler 4

Darius rushed over to Alhadriel's body, checking beyond hope that there still might be life. When there wasn't , he softly spoke a few words in prayer over his body, then rose.

"Everyone alright?" he asked, his need to help others overcoming his revulsion over the death of his friend.

"It's good to see you back among us, Thrarn," Darius added, "I was worried about you."

maddmic

Explorer
Kuknar, disgusted with his inability to hit the elusive fell, strides past the assembling group to the opening on the other side of the cavern. He peers into the darkness to see if their combat has alerted anything else as to their location.

Thrarn

First Post
He was a good man

“It is good to see you too Darius, even as ugly as you are,” he says with the best grin he can muster, given the circumstances. Kneeling down beside Alhadriel, Thrarn runs his hand over his fallen companions face, shutting Alhadriel eyes from their eternal stare. “We must dispose of his body so that he does not rise again to become our enemy. He was a good man and would have difficulties putting an arrow in his head,” he says in a cold almost emotionless tone.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Darius Darrowdown Wood Elf Channeler 4

Thrarn said:
“We must dispose of his body so that he does not rise again to become our enemy. He was a good man and would have difficulties putting an arrow in his head,” he says in a cold almost emotionless tone.

"I will tend to his body," Darius stated, sadly, "it's the least I can do."

Darius searched his body for any items of note, a single tear dropping down the side of his face at the task before him. Items of a personal nature, Darius will retain and hope to deliver to any family or friends of Alhadriel. Other equipment he will set aside for the others to use. When he is finished, Darius said a few more words over Alhadriel's body, then invoked his magic once more to burn the body.

Remove ads