Minds in Hedrad: (NF's Scarred Lands Psionic Game!)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
The sergant frowns and sighs "You speak with much arrogance for one who supposedly serves the city. But I'll ignore that. As for your...friend, I don't care if he was a Vangal spawned harpy, ready to rend the city. He is STILL a servant and therefore not as commanding of my attention as you are, initate." He motions to the other guy to bring him the remains. "What happened is something most foul. Someone murder Brother Tirerias. Someone who apparently made quite a mess. And you claim you heard nothing?" The guard returns with the bloodied and clawed at appendage. The guard hands it to you "I'd say it's the work of demons...but I know that not something allowed in this city."

<OoC, the sergant truly doesn't view the goblin as titanspawn, merely someone that Tirerias took pity on and tried to "enlighten">

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OOC:
OOC: Noted.

<<Indeed, I heard nothing.>> He thinks at the sergant.

Samahtar grasps the hand, and feels it, attempting to determine what it is.

<<One moment.>> Samahtar projects to the sergant.

Manifesting Clairvoyance on the dismembered hand.

<<I see...>> He pauses, laughing slightly at the irony of what he just projected to the sergant. <<I do not know what could have caused this.>>

Nightfall

<OoC> Would have been interesting to see if you actually DO that. Speak with dead might have worked. ;) </OoC>

The sergant nods "Well it was a hope. In any case I'm sure one of the other Brothers of Knowledge might be able to divine the answer or ask Brother Tirerias spirit. Sadly though I doubt he will be able to be returned to us. Nemorga collects another and Belsameth laughs as she helps." The sergant nods to the other guard, "I'll be sure to post double the normal guards for now. I'll need that hand back for evidence. For now I ask only that you remain here. An inquiry will be made. The Revered Son of Justice, Arton Fenmark will be among the Justicars investigating this"

Samahtar, you feel your spine stiffen. You know that name will, as Arton had argued many times that allowing "foreign ideas and strange people was anathema to Hedrada's will as a god of justice and law." You also know he dislikes mysteries and is a very short sighted person. The sergant leaves, and orders the guards to clean up the mess as well as leave notes for the Justicars to find so they know the positions of everything. He tells another to make an inventory of all that's stolen. The guard comes to you to ask for your help and grudgingly that of Verity.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
<<Verity... this does not bode well for us, my companion...>>

<<What is it?>> He then projects at the guard that asked he and Verity for their assistance.

Last edited:

Nightfall

The guard, you can read from his self image he's very young, barely 15 winters, (he projects his thoughts VERY loudly, even for one that can filter one's thoughts), and apparently wanting to prove himself. "The Sarge said to see what's missing from the collection. I've never been in here. I was hoping you could assist me?" He asks in a very polite and also high pitched/cracking voice. He apparently doesn't like Verity, as he reminds him of some dark pass involving spider goblins. The images aren't very clear, just a jumble of fear, anger and a small spark of hate. "I know you can't see...but I was hoping your other senses might help...."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Samahtar nods. <<We may be able to assist you... Verity, my companion,>> He gestures to Verity, <<will be of more assistance than I. I suggest that you... put aside your... distrust of him because of his skin and race. He is no danger to you.>>

Nightfall

The young guard glances nervously..."Well if you say so Initiate. I will trust your word" You can sense that the young man's naitevity and belief in the rightness of Hedrada and his servants, overcomes any distrust the youth might have about a goblin. "Come then...servant. I need you to help me to tell me what's missing."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Samahtar furrows his brow...

<<I do not suggest you call him 'servant', either...>> Samahtar projects. <<Perhaps, if you treat him as an equal, he will be more willing to help you.>>

Nightfall

The young man sighs and nods. "Of course Initiate. But you must understand, in the eyes of the law, he and his kind are considered second class citizens, barely ranking if anything. It is only because Brother Tirerias sponsored him and had the other brothers and priests accept him as such, that he even has some rights. I'm sure you know this. I merely follow the laws."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
<<...of course.>> Samahtar projects acidly. <<But, just because he is a second-class citizen, doesn't mean you need to be rude to him... after all, there may come a day when you are the one without the rights, and he is the one with the power... what will you do then, young one?>>

Remove ads