Minds in Hedrad: (NF's Scarred Lands Psionic Game!)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
The young man pauses..."I...I never thought of that. I just imagined Hedrada would keep me and guide me to stay with his guards and defend the holy city." The guard thinks..."But whatever Hedrada had in store for me I know I will follow in his grace. But I will do as you ask."

Jarval

Explorer
Verity snaps back from the near trance-like state he entered during his Clairvoyance. His skin floods with color again, and he leans heavily on the door frame.

<<These events bode ill indeed. Do not worry yourself, my friend. While I have little love for these humans, I must respect their laws for the moment. I know that I will not remain a servant long.>> he projects to Samahtar. <<For now, let them use their names for me. Servant and titanspawn have little sting when I know I am more than they.>>

Verity bows down his head, avoiding eye contact with the young guardsman, as is expected of a servant. "I will give to you whatever aid is in my ability. What do you wish of me?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
(OOC)I'll try and come back and read this, but I'm off to a game, and my senses just were, um... exploded with laughter??? when I read my character's name as creamsteak. I do believe that this characters name is supposed to be Drevin Laviatan. Creamsteak is a pasty meat substance left over after you get gibbed by a rocket or rail gun...(/OOC)

Nightfall

creamsteak said:
(OOC)I'll try and come back and read this, but I'm off to a game, and my senses just were, um... exploded with laughter??? when I read my character's name as creamsteak. I do believe that this characters name is supposed to be Drevin Laviatan. Creamsteak is a pasty meat substance left over after you get gibbed by a rocket or rail gun...(/OOC)

Right, but I didn't see a name on your character sheet. So that's what I put down. I am sorry. I can go back and change it if you wish.

Nightfall

The young guardsman nods to the now only slightly less messy room, as two other guards are busily cleaning up the blood stains as best they can. "I merely wish...V-v-er-er-ity that you come with me and help me see what books, scrolls, or other items might be missing from the Vault area here. If you have any knowledge of what they do, I'd be most grateful"

Nightfall

Verity as you survey the wreakage, you instantly notice that at least four treatises regarding some historical encounters as well as accounts by some generals of the fights between the Slacerians and the other races are missing. Also the Slacerian muse is gone, along with two psionic artifacts. You were never quite sure what they actually did but they seem to be some kind of instruments used in both strengthing telepathic communcation over long distances as well as possibly acting as means of listening in on enemies far away. Also missing are two strange swords. No one was sure, not even you Verity what they could do, but they were psionic in nature. Finally there were some letters that Brother Tirerias had recieved from a cousin of his in the Revered Library of Lokil, far to the west. Though what significant that could have, you're not quite sure.

Jarval

Explorer
Verity pales slightly at the bloodstains, not a sight he wished to see in the middle of the night.

If still within range of Samahtar's mental communication, Verity relays a complete list of the missing items back to the telepath.

"Several items have been taken, although I am unsure of the nature of some of them." he replies to the guardsman. "If you wish, I could draw up a list."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
<<You are indeed more than they... we both are. One day, these fools who say that they are more than us shall... not be as haughty as they are now...>>

Samahtar then listens intently as Verity describes the missing items.

<<Strange... they all seem to have something to do with the slarecians...>>

<<Perhaps they could have done this? Searching for those who know of them, and destroying them? If that were the case, however, then why we were not taken out? This is a puzzle that will take time to solve...>>

Remove ads