• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minds in Hedrad: (NF's Scarred Lands Psionic Game!)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
<verity>The young guard appears impatient. "Can't you hurry? I need to get this to Justicar Ironwood before the sun rises." As you note the frustration, you also sense a need to please the Justicar.

As you, Verity, go over the inventory with him, so far only noting missing papers, not any artifacts, (They apparently want to present this in an orderly fashion), you notice another odd clue. All the stuff was recent. There were much older artifacts taken and they appear also to come from the same region. The area of the Mounds of Man and also close to Lokil. Perhaps there lies the answer to mystery...

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Nightfall said:
The young guard appears impatient. "Can't you hurry? I need to get this to Justicar Ironwood before the sun rises." As you note the frustration, you also sense a need to please the Justicar.

As you go over the inventory with him, so far only noting missing papers, not any artifacts, (They apparently want to present this in an orderly fashion), you notice another odd clue. All the stuff was recent. There were much older artifacts taken and they appear also to come from the same region. The area of the Mounds of Man and also close to Lokil. Perhaps there lies the answer to mystery...
(OOC: What is this? 'as you note the frustration you also sense a need to please the Justicar?' and 'Perhaps there lies the answer to the mystery?'

I'm not sure who's talking or thinking, but it sounds like your 'storytelling' for us. Can you please not do that? It's totally against my personal PC orientation, and it ruins my suspension/realism when I see things with that kind of connotation. I prefer to play myself as PC oriented as possible, and things like that imply that I have knowledge or opinions I choose not to have.)

Last edited:

Nightfall

creamsteak said:
(OOC: What is this? 'as you note the frustration you also sense a need to please the Justicar?' and 'Perhaps there lies the answer to the mystery?'

I'm not sure who's talking or thinking, but it sounds like your 'storytelling' for us. Can you please not do that? It's totally against my personal PC orientation, and it ruins my suspension/realism when I see things with that kind of connotation. I prefer to play myself as PC oriented as possible, and things like that imply that I have knowledge or opinions I choose not to have.)

Sorry. I'm used to doing this on a non-visual medium and thus I tend to use a lot of exposition.

Jarval

Explorer
Sensing the young guard's emotions, Verity gives his full attention to the list, helping to compile a full inventory of missing items as quickly as possible.

creamsteak said:

OOC: As far as the 'as you note the frustration you also sense a need to please the Justicar?' goes, Nightfall might be quite justified in including that. Verity has a fairly high Sense Motive skill (+16), so might well pick up on that kind of thing.

Last edited:

Nightfall

<OoC> Jarv is right. I remembered this from his character sheets (I do read them you know.), and thus something like this would be apparent to someone with at least +10 on their sense motive check. (DC 5) </OoC>

The guard smiles and nods "Thank you. I'll be on my way then" He leaves, going through the small door inside the iron doors. You're all now completely alone.

Jarval

Explorer
"I'm not sure." Verity replies to Jondyn. He shivers slightly, and moves out of the vault. "I don't like any of this, and I'm afraid that those who may investigate this have little love for my kind."

He pads back to the dormitory, and sits on his bed. "I'd be happier if I knew who was going to lead the investigation. Some of the Justicars are fair and honest men, while others may be blinded by prejudice. I fear things may not go well for myself and Samahtar over the next few days."

garyh

First Post
"Don't worry, Verity," Jondyn said to the little psion, "they'll have to deal with me if they want to give either of you a hassle. I'll make sure of that."

"Truth be told," the human continued, "I feel a greater kinship to you two than they in many ways."

EDIT: spelin. ;)

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
<<That is good to hear, Jondyn.>> Samahtar projects suddenly to the human. <<It would seem that we are going to be questioned, quite thoroughly, during this investigation, by those who are less than friendly towards those who have our kind of talent...>>

Jarval

Explorer
Verity smiles at Jondyn, a rare expression on the seer's face. "Thank you. I've had to fear humans a lot in my life, but you're a good soul. And we do share some kinship, in our minds, if not our blood."

Pulling his blankets around him, Verity gets ready to sleep. "We should try to rest. We can't do anything until the morning, and I'd like to be alert when the Justicars arrive."

Remove ads