• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minds in Hedrad: (NF's Scarred Lands Psionic Game!)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
At this Arton smirks, not a happy smirk but a disdaining one. "You believe? Belief is fine, Initiate in matters of faith. But here we are attempt to deal with facts! Fact one. You and your...associates have been meddling with ancient artifacts of Slacerian origin. Origins I might add more unwholesome than that of most titanspawn things!" He walk around the table and give you a demeaning stare. "Fact one. While Brother Tirerias was well liked, everyone knew his obssession might turn on him. Just as it was possible you and your...friend here murdered him in cold blood, if only to help finance this one's" points at Drevin, "unwholesome and unlawful activities!" "Fact three, he is dead and you four are not. That alone smells wrong, or at least doesn't hold with the evidence found here. Someone or something broke into the Sacred Library's Vault, pass many wards and barriers that few but the strongest fiends can penetrate, brutally savaged and partial ate Brother Tirerias...all the while you for slept!"

Arton nods "It seems to me, while there's no proof yet, there's is plenty to believe that you three have some measure of blame in this. Unless you can offer us some explanation as to how and why this crime occured."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Arton
"You believe? Belief is fine, Initiate in matters of faith. But here we are attempt to deal with facts!"

<<When one knows not what has truly occured, we must rely upon what is inferred.>> Samahtar thinks, his mental voice lowering slightly. <<We are not lying. If you wish, bring one of your... 'faithful,>> He projects the word with a small degree of venom, <<to test our words. Create a region where only the truth can be told, and we will speak once more - word for word, what we have said before.>>

"Fact one. You and your...associates have been meddling with ancient artifacts of Slacerian origin. Origins I might add more unwholesome than that of most titanspawn things!"

<<More unwholesome?>> Samahtar projects, slightly amused. <<You only say that because you fear what you do not understand. And, are you implying that 'meddling' with... tainted artifacts taints oneself, as well? In that case, I would ask you if you have ever handled an item blessed - or cursed, if you prefer - by a titan. Has that had any adverse effect upon you?>>

"Fact one. While Brother Tirerias was well liked, everyone knew his obssession might turn on him. Just as it was possible you and your...friend here murdered him in cold blood, if only to help finance this one's" points at Drevin, "unwholesome and unlawful activities!"

<<You are jumping to conclusions, and are obviously biased.>> Samahtar projects coldly. <<I suggest that you let someone else do the questioning.>>

"Fact three, he is dead and you four are not. That alone smells wrong, or at least doesn't hold with the evidence found here. Someone or something broke into the Sacred Library's Vault, pass many wards and barriers that few but the strongest fiends can penetrate, brutally savaged and partial ate Brother Tirerias...all the while you for slept!"

<<I am a heavy sleeper.>> Samahtar projects with a shrug. <<As for passing the wards... a creature of sufficient power could pass them. Fiend or not, it is possible. Have you considered that, perhaps, the one who set up those wards is responsible for this?>>

"It seems to me, while there's no proof yet, there's is plenty to believe that you three have some measure of blame in this. Unless you can offer us some explanation as to how and why this crime occured."

<<How and why?>> Samahtar thinks.

"You are inferring far too much, Arton." Samahtar speaks, barely above a whisper. "As I projected to you before, I believe that you should stand down, and let someone else who is not so biased question us..."

Manifests Charm Person on Arton.

<<After all, that would be the... right thing to do...>>

Nightfall

<OoC> He saves. Reminder he's a high level cleric. </OoC>

"Hmph. I doubt that." At this though Ivor stands "Revered Son, with all due respect, this is getting us no where. Accussations are fine, but your facts aren't all in order. For Drevin's...activities I admit stand outside common decency and respect for the law. But I know these others and I know their hearts. Samahtar might be a cold fish, but he cared for Tirerias, as did his compariots."

Arton turns "And what suggestion do you offer? While we could use Hedrada's blessing to call upon an area of truth, we know this to be unneccessary. We have seen our share of liars before."

Ivor nods "Aye, and I believe Samahtar, when he said he nor the others did kill Brother Tirerias. No sane being or mortal could!" He points to claw marks "Those are not the claws of any human, or even human-like creature."

Arton nodded "Indeed. But we know the wards aren't at fault. I had the Master of the Shield himself examine them. There was no tampering and certainly no signs of the wards ever failing."

Ivor nods "But that doesn't mean some fiend couldn't have snuck in from say, under the city's sewer. You and I both know that area has long been a contentious spot."

Arton grudgingly agrees. "Very well. I think though I've established my case. You or Paladin Kornos can proceed..."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OOC:
OOC: I had an idea that he was decent in level, but I felt that it was IC to try.

<<...to do what?>> Samahtar projects. <<And what is your decision? This is our fate you are deciding, after all, and I think that we have a right to hear it.>>

Jarval

Explorer
"I do not know if this will help your investigation, but I do have a fact I will add, if I may." Verity speaks quietly to the Justicars. If given permission to continue, he adds:

"I have the ability to see the energy traces left behind by the manifestation of Psionic powers. All the traces left in the Vault last night were produced by a creature that was not living in any sense of the word. I could not find a single spark of life in any of the traces."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Drevin smiles, "You do get what I am, mister Arton? I like that about you. You get what you get." Then, after a blink, "Siresculus porum, and Trivisu. I believe you are an excellent man with your duties master Arton, and your prejudices mean nothing to me. I dislike the Titans for what they represent, and I truely love the gods for their greater caring. I do not question anything you say, however, I am I am I am. That's just the way it's going to stay, nomatter what happens. I know, it's sad, we can't change each other... but we can still care?"

Nightfall

<OoC> SOOO Sorry guys! I was out for the weekend...and while I did stop in, I forgot about coming back here!! My bad!! </Ooc>

Arton speaks at Samahtar, "So far I believe there is probable guilt on your part...but this requires a majority vote. So we shall see." He sits and Ivor stands

Ivor listens and nods "Well that might prove to be of some use."

Ivor looks at all of you "Can you stand here and say, by the just and rightness of the Lawgiver, no one of you were involved in this murder?"

Arton's face draws red "How dare you?! I am the Revered Son here! Such a question is unneccessary! They are obviously guilty!"

Revos, who has been silent until now speaks "While I see no evil in this one, I too am troubled by this use of something not even the gods understand. While I don't doubt the truthfulness of this one's statement, nor of the rest of them...there's still too much unwholesomeness surrounding this whole ordeal. I don't believe I'll vote to convict on their guilt in this matter. However I DO think it prudent we put you under watch. Mainly for your own protection until this matter can be settled."

Arton, not placated but seeing no other course, concedes "As you say Chief Justicar. But I believe this will only lead to more trouble and lawlessness. Not justice."

Nightfall

As the tribunal of Justices disbands, a young man, no more than 15 winters, rushes in, his face flushed and apparently full of fear! "Justicar Revos! Justicar Ironwood! There's been another slaying!"

Arton bolts to his feet "WHAT?! How?! Who?! Explain page!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads