Mini-Game Writers, Represent! EN MINI-GAMES needs you!

Macbeth

First Post
How long will this call be open? I'm interested in eventually sending some ideas your way, but I'm a bit tied up with some other projects right now. If the series does well, will you be open to submissions idefinately?

Anyways, cool idea for a product line, we can always use more mini-games.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Sorry Denubis, I got smacked with a great big stick of "The Cold" and spent the last 48 hours suffering. I'll get back to you later tonight or early tomorrow, I promise.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Should the Poly games be our touchstone as to what you'd like to see? I only ask because some of them are pretty restrictive genre-wise, yet they were all called "mini-games."

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I don't see them as being restrictive, I guess is the thing. I see lots of them as supplying a certain amount of campaign setting material, but you could run them in a variety of settings.

V For Victory could be used to run games in any modern warfare setting -- you'd just need all-new campaign setting material like equipment lists and so on.

Iron Lords of Jupiter specifically noted that the provided setting was an example setting, and encouraged folks to come up with their own.

Hi-Jinx, well... Was that a setting? Or what? I love Hi-Jinx.

See what I mean? I think mini-games can include setting material -- my own mini-game Teenage Hot-Rod Werewolves From Mars! did -- but you ought to be able to run the game in other settings if you desire. What makes the game distinct is not the setting, but the new and unique rules that are used to capture the spirit of play.

Asmor

First Post
What's the deal with playtesting? Will it not be neccessary, or will the author be expected to playtest or will ENWorld have people to do it?

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Authors will be expected to deliver manuscripts ready for publication. I intend to TRY and run playtest sessions, but authors who aren't prepared to playtest their creations before submitting them ought to seriously reconsider whether or not they want to be involved in this project.

Playtesting is CRITICAL to developing fun, playable games, and the whole point of this product line is to develop fun, playable games. If you're not prepared to do that, you're not ready to write for EN Mini-Games.

I'm not trying to sound all hard-nosed, but I honestly don't want to work with people who don't have that much initiative and care for their output.

Remove ads