• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mini Lists for all D&D HPE Modules

ghaladen

Explorer
So as a starting DM (and less than 6 mos into 4e), I made the conscious decision to run HPE as my campaign simply due to time constraints and ease of running. While they have their faults, the overall story is pretty cool and a good start most of my players who've never played the game before. And since I'm not a fan of cardboard cutouts or wooden figures, I'm working on a shopping list of all minis to buy. So if anyone else is looking for the best mins to use for the job, I offer them up for your reference.

SPOILER ALERT: If you don't plan on running these campaigns, don't open these documents :)

H1 - Keep on the Shadowfell
H2 - Thunderspire Labrynth
H3 - Pyramid of Shadows
P1 - King of the Trollhaunt Warren
P2 - Demon Queen's Enclave
P3 - Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress
E1 - Death's Reach
E2 - Kingdom of Ghouls
E3 - Prince of Undeath

HS1 - The Slaying Stone
Revenge of the Giants

Forgotten Realms - Scepter Tower of Spellgard

Working on other modules as well. Here's where I also need the community's help. The adventures starting around Paragon Path (especially Nightwyrm and beyond) have lots of holes as far as what minis to use, especially since a great deal of the mobs are specific to the modules. I know alot of these monsters don't have minis, but if you could offer suggestions of missing minis in my lists, or even better ones than I have listed, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd like this to become a living reference document to DM's wanting to run this adv. path, and eventually put a permanent version up on the forums.

Your input and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

OnlineDM

Adventurer
This is a great resource! Out of curiosity, where did you get your prices for the minis? I don't own minis yet and have started to make my own tokens out of metal washers (which I think I like just fine). But if I knew how to buy minis, I might consider it - I just don't know where to get the ones I need or how much they cost.

ghaladen

Explorer
TrollAndToad.com is my main resource, while they don't always have the best prices, they generally have just about every mini imaginable.

Also what's cool is they have $1.29 random common minis. And $1.99 random large minis. Also they have various themed packs when you're looking for bundles of minis of a certain type of monster.

If I need minis in a hurry, and living in Houston, I'll go to StrikeZoneOnline.com. Some prices are better than T&T, some are worse, but since they're in Houston, I usually get my shipment in a day. Or I can drive to their facility and pick it up there if time is of the essence.

Other sites are Magic the Gathering Cards, Singles, Miniatures & Board Games at CoolStuffInc.com., Cardhaus Games: Superstore for Collectible Games, Board Games, & Accessories! (CCGs, Miniatures, Singles), Dungeons & Dragons, Reaper Miniature, Rackham Confrontation, Chessex Dice. I rarely shop those guys anymore, unless the first two are out of something. Mostly because either the sites are difficult to deal with, the service is subpar, or the shipping times are horrendous.

Hope that helps. Also I use D&D Miniatures Database: Welcome! to keep inventory.

mac1504

Explorer
You could also check out abPrices. That site allows you to compare prices among some of the big DDM retailers (Auggies, Troll and Toad, eBay, etc.)

It's a nice resource to find the cheapest price for a mini, but a little more work required (which is typical with saving money, no?).

Zagnar

First Post
The whole point of abPrices.com is to help you find the best prices when buying miniatures. Most, if not all stores are included, and we are adding new one all the time.

If you have any suggestions on how to make it easier, please let me know.

Aidan Milvus

First Post
I love the lists, but the one I was looking for, P1, the link goes to H3, which we just completed. Would it be possible for you to correct the link?

Remove ads