• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minimum word/character count

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
One thing I have noticed is that some people treat threads more like Facebook or other social media posts, and often to the detriment of discussion (but certainly not always). I know I sometimes revert to "Facebook mode" unintentionally, but I think that forums are generally better when folks take the time and energy to lay out their thoughts more extensively.

I wondeer: would it be possible or even desirable to create a minimum length for posts? Would that help in any way?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
One thing I have noticed is that some people treat threads more like Facebook or other social media posts, and often to the detriment of discussion (but certainly not always). I know I sometimes revert to "Facebook mode" unintentionally, but I think that forums are generally better when folks take the time and energy to lay out their thoughts more extensively.

I wondeer: would it be possible or even desirable to create a minimum length for posts? Would that help in any way?

In the immortal words of me, "Never use 100 words when a 10,000 word post with multiple digressions and nonsensical quotes would suffice."

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
43ab92ab8c9762f947184dd805fbd6a4.jpg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

Given how many people seem confused about the way paragraphs work and a general inability to get to the point, let's not require everyone to have a minimum character count.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ask me to write a 500 word response as a school or work project on any topic, and I'll struggle to finish in a week.

But one person who says something wrong on the internet, and I'll be over 500 words in 5 minutes...
The easiest way to find out correct information in MMORPGs is to ask the question in a public channel and then have a friend give incorrect info in response. Suddenly, the experts pour out of the woodwork to correct them, even if they had ignored the original request.

Remove ads