MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

PierceSG

First Post
Garret, with a swift motion stood up from his cover with his bow in his hand, nocks an arrow and lets loose towards one of the goblin that is waving his sword about, which is kind of is asking for it.

At the very moment the arrow left the shortbow, Garret immediately head towards one of the bush and attempts to seek cover in it.

OOC: @mips. Garret would shoot at the goblin that is running towards Vottr, which I assume I'll have advantage on it. Then he would go into the nearest cover. And IIRC, hiding requires an action for now or can I use my bonus action for it?

mips42

Adventurer
Garret

Garret appears out of the brush on the north side of the road, the same side where the Goblins disappeared, nocks and fires an arrow at the approaching goblin.
The Goblin never even sees Garret as the arrow flies straight and true and buries itself into the goblins' skull, killing it instantly.
Garrett then turns and moves back into the undergrowth in search of the other goblins.

[Sblock]
I checked and hiding is an action, as is attacking. So, you can hide or attack in the same turn but not both, unless you have a special feature that says otherwise.
As a halfling you can hide EASIER (In light to medium cover instead of full) but not more often. Also, once you've hidden in a particular location and been seen, you can't hide in that EXACT spot again as, in theory, the other party now knows to look there.
Hope that helps.

to hit with advantage 1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=24
Damage with sneak attack 1d8+2=10, 1d6=3
Awesome rolls!
[/Sblock]

Brachnuss 16
Vottr 15
Eddicus 13
Caelynn 8
Goblins 8
Garrett 19
@mudbunny, your turn.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Brachnuss breaks into a run, aiming to head off the goblin heading towards Vottr. As he gets close, the goblin he was heading for drops with an arrow to the kn...errr...head. As the body crumples, Brachnuss jumps over the body and continues into the thicket that the remaining goblins slid back into.

OOC: DAMMIT. Fixed

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
Brachnuss breaks into a run, aiming to head off the goblin heading towards Vottr. As he gets close, he takes a swing with his sword, making sure to finish the movement in between Vottr and the goblin.

OOC: The goblin that is running towards Vottr is dead. An arrow to the kn...I mean head. :)

mips42

Adventurer
Brachnuss barrels into the trees and scrub on the north side of the trail, looking to suss out the goblins but is unable to find them.

Vottr 15
Eddicus 13
Caelynn 8
Goblins 8
Garrett 19
Brachnuss 16
[MENTION=53915]GameDoc[/MENTION], you're up

GameDoc

Explorer
"Sneaky @&$%# gobbers!" Vottr sneers and spits on the corpse of the one at his feet. "Good shot, Garret! Keep 'em comin'!" he says then moves up to the thicket and readies himself to hurl his axe the first goblin that emerges.

OOC: move then ready to take reaction when the goblins pop up, assuming I'm interpreting the rules correctly.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus hurries after Vottr calling, "Don't get too far ahead. . . ."

Catching up with Vottr outside the thicket, Eddicus touches the dwarf's shoulder and intones, "By the Glorious Light of Knowledge – Cure Wounds."

[That's one spell slot used today. Vottr gets to regain hit points equal to 1d8 +2 (WIS mod.) +3 (Disciple of Life bonus).]
1d8+5 -> [2,5] = (7)
BBCode 1d8+5=7

Moving away from the thicket again, Eddicus calls: "Brachnuss! Don't make yourself a target!" He presses his back against the cliff face on the same side of the road as the thicket into which the goblins disappeared, in order to present a narrow target to unseen enemies.

Remove ads