• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: I'm going to assume the goblin infront of Vottr and Eddicus is incapacitated? If so, Garrett will attempt to attack the goblin which is flanking Leonan from his back.

Just as the goblin in front of him falls, Garrett caught sight of another goblin who is creeping up on their new "ally". With careful aim, Garrett lets loose yet another arrow towards the goblin's right arm!

OOC: I assume that will be considered a sneak attack as there's an ally of mine within 5 feet of the target? Also, I'm trying for a non-lethal disarming shot, please grant disadvantage if need be. Trying to not kill someone is hard. :p

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: While it might be considered a sneak attack, that goblin would have at least 50% cover from the walls and the elf which would impose a +2 to their ac...

Garret peeks around the rocky outcropping and looses and arrow at the Goblin behind the elf, trying for a tricky shot to the Goblins' arm. The arrow, however, narrowly misses the Elfs' head, instead.

[MENTION=100541]toasterferret[/MENTION]Ivan is up.
Goblins
Eddicus
Vottr
Leonan
Garret

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: It seems TF is AWOL...

With a gesture and mystic word, Ivan call forth a bolt of pure eldrich energy and casts it at the fleeing goblin. The bolt of magical energy blasts the goblin in the back, causing to tumble to the ground. It is clearly badly wounded.

Goblins
Eddicus
Vottr
Leonan
Garret
Ivan

mips42

Adventurer
The goblin next to Vottr swings at him but Vottr is able to easily dodge the blow.
The goblin on the far side of the elf snarls and lunges at him and is able to just catch his side. (-3hp)
The fleeing goblin signals to the one on the bridge, then turns and throws a spear at Vottr. The spear sails and thunks heavily into Vottrs' chest, dealing a nasty blow. (Crit -12hp)
The Goblin on the bridge fires an arrow at the elf but misses badly, then disappears off the right side of the bridge.

Eddicus, you are up!
Vottr
Leonan
Garret
Ivan
Goblins

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: About Leonan's departure to the side, from Post #389:

. . . The sparks fly from bards hands as he singsongs a short phrase and touches the goblin in front. The goblins muscles dance wildly and Leonal slips by him into the tunnel on the left, removing himself from the archers sight.
Shocking grasp vs goblin "above" Leonal; damage (1d20+5=17, 1d8=2) - on hit, goblin cannot make reactions, non-lethal.

Now that Vottr has dropped the goblin who was nearest to him using his maul (Post #386), and now that Ivan has put the fleeing goblin on the ground using eldritch energy (Post #393), there are still two goblins positioned near the party: the one between Vottr and the cage-tunnel, and the one just beyond the cage-tunnel, which was the target of Leonan's shocking grasp (in the quote above).

With Leonan's having slipped past the goblin near the entrance to the cages, Leonan is now out of the fray for the moment. Eddicus draws a dart and throws it at the nearest (and easiest-to-see) goblin (whose blow Vottr neatly dodged, above).

[roll0]
[roll1]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Ah, . . . Right!" Eddicus grouses.

"How about this?" he adds: "You guys drop them, and I'll spare their lives with a cantrip."

mips42

Adventurer
OOC Just the one hit for 12. Sorry about that. The dice giveth and the dice taketh away... If Vottr is at 0hp or lower, you'll need a Death save.
In the meanwhhile, [Mention=24380]Neurotic [/mention]Leonen is up.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Sorry, missed this part, I was waiting for Vottr. My bad.

Leonan touches the goblin he passed again, another shock going through the body of the poor guard.
Shocking grasp to hit; lightning damage; acid damage from Acid Splash alternate (1d20+5=15, 1d8=8, 1d6=4) - non-lethal for both versions - I assume this drops the goblin in front of Leonan
OOC: if two goblins are adjacent one to another, change the attack to Acid Splash

He raises his voice.
Common:
"Hurry up, we have to get to the exit before they organize!"

In goblin:
"Guards, let us through or we have to kill you! Move aside and wait for reinforcements! Go get the chief! I want to talk!"

Remove ads