[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 18; Current: 18
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 10/10 points avail
Spells: 2/2 points avail (Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite)
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr followed the exchange about the Redbrands with a grim expression. Local affairs were not something he was used to getting involved with, but more and more he was feeling that something needed to be done. A little bit of bullying was one thing, but now murder had been mentioned.

“You need not apologize, Toben. Murder and kidnapping changes things.”

“Where can I find the Townmaster Harbin Wester?”

“And where are these Redbrands hanging out? Would they be holding Thel’s family there?”
he asked Toben and his serving women.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus settles on buying only one new dagger, merely to replace the one he gave away, because he is starting to think he needs to hoard money now in order to collect enough silver to ritually generale a flask of holy water, in case a temple needs to be reconsecrated. He thanks Elmar Barthen again, then returns to the town square and prays at the shrine to Tymora for luck before asking around to find Sister Garaele. (I'm figuring Vottr is probably along as well, but won't assume so.)
OOC: Eddicus left too early: he missed Toben's chatty outpouring to Castagyr about Harbin Wester the Townmaster, Daran Edermath the former adventurer, and the Redbrands, plus Sildar's revelations of Ivan's departure and intention to alert the Lords' Alliance. Eddicus still has a lot to learn about patience and about keeping the party together; and he now has a lot to learn from Castagyr, who has new information Eddicus missed by leaving early.

mips42

Adventurer
Eddicus; Barthen sells you your nice, new dagger, hones it to near-razor sharpness for you and bids you a good day.

Following after Toben, you find him in the main entryway looking pensive, Asking him about the Townmaster, he advises you to check the Town Hall as he's most likely there.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'll meet you here in couple of hours. I have to equip for travel."

He is alredy dressed better then half the populace in the town, but obviously there is something wrong with what he's wearing.

Bard goes off, buying new clothes, new dagger, new strings for his instrument, talking to people, joking and in general spending more then he should.

OOC: Trying to find out about local history, local problems and strange going ons. Leaving 1gp "just in case" - spending everything else on new dagger, new clothes (he is bored with the ones he has on even repaired as they are) and some supplies (no idea about the cost, leave the clothes off if there is problem getting new ones - he is prepared to exchange his own for new ones)

[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], I know this was kinda generic, but I didn't know the names at that moment :) So, Leonan talked to Barthen about the situation in town, local police (and problems), went to seamstress to buy / exchange clothes and engaged her in conversation by sharing the tale of goblin clothing treatment :) After getting her to pity him, he then turns it about saying how everyone has their own set of problems...hoping of course that she will share some of her own. He also asked for a library or public record where he could find out some of the towns history. This may include any people that are around forever :)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 18; Current: 18
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 10/10 points avail
Spells: 2/2 points avail (Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite)
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr left the innkeeper alone, figuring he was probably a little scared of the local thugs until they could be dealt with.

“Alright, thank you, Toben. If my companions come looking for me, tell them I went to the Town Hall and I will return shortly.”

The dragonborn paladin left the tavern to find the Town Hall. The village was not all that large and he figured he could find it easily enough. He figured it was probably right next door since the inn and shrine were already bordering the town’s center.

He found a building a few down that looked promising and entered. Castagyr called out, “Hello? I am looking for Townmaster Harbin Wester.”

mips42

Adventurer
Leonan: It is nice outside, with few clouds and no threat of rain. The walk to Barthens is short but refreshing, giving you a chance to stretch your legs and continue to work out the cramps of your confinement.
One you arrive, you find Barthen working at arranging his goods, cleaning and getting ready for the day. He greets you warmly as you walk in the door.

Neurotic

"Hello, good man. Could you provide me with good dagger, new boots and some directions?"

Waiting for polite answer, then:
"This decorated one will do nicely, I have to return this one. My boots are in perfectly working order, I'm just a bit tired of them and would like new ones. You can keep these if you are willing to give a discount.

You heard me last night, right? Well, it is all true! No more goblin bandits on the road. But there is bigger threat somewhere in the wilderness. Would you happen to know of any ruins, old castles and similar? Hows work and life here, you get many visitors?"

Again, waiting for some info, nodding, encouraging etc...
"Ah, directions, yes, well, I would like to change the clothes too, they're still a bit damp from yesterday wash, but whole, not a hole in them all..." He smiles at all the "alls" in the sentence "...so if you can point me in seamstress' direction, I'd be grateful. By the way, do you buy things off adventurers? Would you buy, for example, a sword or shovel or fancy hat from me if that happens? Ah, talking about buying things from others, do you get approached by thieves, that is, you know, people trying to sell you things you know they don't own...maybe strangers trying to get some money before legging out of town? What do you, call local guard?"

OOC: Sorry, wall of text, but this prevents back-and-forth even if it requires some parallel lines of conversation in the posts :) If you prefer, I can switch back to conversation as it would be in person...

mips42

Adventurer
Trying something different

OOC: this is going to be on the honor system, so be honest. You have four hours to spend between breakfast at the inn and common lunch time, spend it how you choose...

[sblock=ALDERLEAF FARM 10 min travel]
[sblock= 30 min]Qelline is a longtime friend of a druid named Reidoth. She suggests that they visit Reidoth and ask for his help. She tells the characters that Reidoth recently set out for the ruins of a town called Thundertree, just west of the Neverwinter Wood.
[/Sblock]
[sblock= 10 min]Qelline`s son, Carp, is enchanted by the idea of being an adventurer and says that he was playing in the woods near Tresendar Manor when he found a secret tunnel in a thicket.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=EDERMATH ORCHARD 15 min travel]
[sblock=30 min]
Daran is concerned about the Redbrands, and he would like to see a group of adventurers shut them down.
[/sblock]
[Sblock= 10 min]Daran has heard stories from prospectors in the hills northeast of Phandalin that someone is digging around in the ruins known as Old Owl Well. More disturbingly, several prospectors have reported being chased from the area by undead.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lionshield Coster 10 min travel]
[sblock=10 min]
Linene keeps a supply of armor and weapons, all of which are for sale to interested buyers.
she refuses to do business are the Redbrands.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=PHANDALIN MINER'S EXCHANGE 10 min travel]
[sblock=10 min]The guildrnaster is a human woman named Halia Thornton. ln her attempts to establish the Miner’s Exchange as the closest thing the town has to a governing authority, she acts as more than a simple merchant.
she has heard that the Redbrands have a goblin minion serving them.[/sblock]
[sblock=20 min] If approached by characters she tells how the rufflans loiter around the Sleeping Giant tap house and may have a base under Tresendar Manor, on the east edge of town. She then offers the characters 100 gp to eiiminate the Redbrand leader.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=SHRINE OF LUCK / Sister Garaele 5 min travel]
[sblock=10 min]Garaele desires an intermediary to bring Agatha a suitable gift, a jeweled silver comb, and persuade the creature to tell what she knows about the location of a spellbook belonging to a legendary mage named Bowgentle.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=TOWNMASTER'S HALL 5 min travel]
[sblock= 10 min]Posted on a board next to the front door is a notice written in Common. It reads: “REWARD-Orcs near Wyvern Tor!
Harbin Wester claims that they’re ‘just a mercenary guild, and not all that much trouble, really."
Harbin is looking for someone to head east on the Triboar Trail, where travelers have reported trouble with a band of orcs near Wyvern Tor. He offers 100 gp to any group that can take care of the problem. [/sblock]
[sblock=10 min]Sildar suggests the party might find the castle by searching the lands around the Triboar Trail for more raiding parties
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Neurotic

Leonan kept to the town proper and took his time with people to establish proper positive rapport, not just extract information. So, Townmasters Hall, Shrine of Luck (he may need some :) )...seamstress took at least two hours :) - the coaster, if it is within the town and not near some out of the way mine.

Remove ads