WotBS Missing Magic Items

Number2323

First Post
I recently got my hands on the Deluxe Edition of War of the Burning Sky. I'm enjoying what I'm reading so far but there have been a number of organizational issues that I'm still trying to work through. Part of that is that there seem to be a number of magic items mentioned in text but lacking any sort of stat block. I found someone else asking about the Dream Shroud in another thread and the stats for the item were posted there. At the moment, having finished Adventure 3, I still don't know what a Pendant of Unity is, or exactly what the Lesser Orb of Storms is capable of compared to it's standard issue. Can anyone tell me what these items do?

Last edited:

Pendant of Unity: This pendant can be opened to reveal a small compartment. If the compartment contains an image of someone you are in love with, you can concentrate as a free action to determine whether that person is alive. In addition, as long as your beloved lives, this pendant can cast heroism on you once a week. The image must be in the compartment for one full day before either ability is available to you.

Faint enchantment; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, detect thoughts, heroism; Market price 1000 gp.

Lesser Orb of Storms: This orb is attuned to a silver wand. Once per day, the wielder of the wand can have the orb cast control weather, and only the person with the wand can change what weather the spell creates. The weather conditions are centered above the orb, but the bearer of the wand can operate the storm from anywhere within the spell’s 3-mile radius.

Each lesser orb of storms must be attuned to a particular location, which takes one day. Once it has been attuned, it can only affect the weather in that general region, even if it is later moved.

Strong transmutation; CL 13th; Craft Wondrous Item, control weather; Price 36,000 gp; Weight 8 lb.

Remove ads