• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ML3's FREE Home Brew Monster Art

Kathaer

First Post
ml3 said:
Hmmm.

I don't disagree. Actually, I meant to give him child like proportions, so in that sense I was successful....(cough). Small kid like creature in an Indian getup screams Halloween. I'll see about making the face less human. Thanks for the feedback.

You too BOZ.

HE IS THE ELFGNOME!!! THANKS! THAT FITS PERFECTLY MY IDEA!
THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!!!

Explaning the Skin: their skintone depends on how much "Jakatut Tree" is present in them... blue ones are really full of it, and this will influence their Mini-Berserker... pink ones are less active in that sense...

Last edited:

Sylvaroth

First Post
Kathaer said:
if you want to play an elf-gnome in your campaign, i will be glad to send you all the stats, even the "Mini-berserker Talent"

Howw cewl. I am very interested in "new" races and original ideas. Would you mind sending me what you can about the "Kathaer"?

Kathaer

First Post
Kathaer is ME

Sylvaroth said:
Howw cewl. I am very interested in "new" races and original ideas. Would you mind sending me what you can about the "Kathaer"?

... gosh... "Kathaer" is my nickname... ^_- as told before... these weirdos are the "Sylvan Gnome-Elves"... but.. anyway... we can call-em "Kathaer" in my honor! ^_^

the "Kathaeron" (plural ^__^)

They are tall as small Elves, so they still are Medium.

FOR
COS - 2
DEX + 3 MAX 20
WIS - 1
INT
CHA

They evolved from a common ancestor of Elves an Halflings, developing long ears and a light, without fur skin, except for hair and rare cases of breads. Some of them has a little fur in the back of their hands, the same as Halfling feet.

The actual Kathaeron lives in the giant Jakatut forest, in the Aldebraan continent, down the Axias Mountains, (home goblin sweet home) in a little State called "Vakeenland". They are governated by an half-drow half-daemon, called "Looke Voolsen", who is the son of Nagash, the god of terror. Well.. his alignement isn't totally bad, and this influences a little the Kathaeron. They are almost influenced by the power of Jakatut Tree.

Jakatut Forest.. The Jakatut forest is made by a single tree and his sons, all around it. The hardest and oldest one, the Jakatut tree, looks like a dark blue mountain, 2 or 3 km tall, with theother ones down, in decrescent size.

The Kathaeron uses the special wood of the young trees to create Armours, Shields, Weapons, that are indistrcutible. Passing the blue wax over simple wood, this become as strong as steel, and light as wood.

Why this tree is kinda this? It's all magic. Magic and gods. It's written:

"One day...
the daemons will wake up...
from the nine doors of the
Aldebraan Land.

We should find
the way to containt their spirits,
or at least...
our death will come."

Someone believes that the first Jakatut tree was the transformation of an ancient druid, Jakatut, that would try to contain the essence of the Second Daemon (Leehamen) (Axia EL, Leehamen CN, Sheelon CG, Laetje LG, Mathena EL, Nagash CE, Zouaelt CE, Sahetle CN, Zoura CG ... they work like the gods... at least.. they are good, evil, neutrals, depending on which .... I would be glad to talk about the Daemons and the Prophecy, but.. aren't we talkin' about the Kathaeron?).

Well.. The Kathaeron are now infected by the Jakatut presence, infact, their skintone goes from darkpink to light blue, and they have a special trait, sort of Mini-Berserker, that we can call Leehamen Rage.

LEEHAMEN RAGE
The Kathaer must roll a die EVERYTIME he goes in combat. Depending on his skintone, the presence of Jakatut will influence the time.
D20 (if the roll is higher than 10, the Kathaer falls in Jakatut Rage )
Jakatut Rage consists of: +1FO +1COS -2WIS

RARE COLORS
BLUE - 10 Rounds
LIGHT BLUE - 8 Rounds
VIOLET - 6 Rounds

COMMON COLORS
LIGHT PURPLE - 4 Rounds
DARK PINK - 2 Rounds
PINK - 1 Round

When Jakatut Rage ends, the Kathaeron will get the number of round less Life points + level, ex: a 2nd level blue one will get 12 L.P. Less at the end of a Jakatut Rage. and also will have a -3 WIS Modifier until they will sleep. (recovering 1 point x hour)

[CONTINUE ....]

Last edited:

Sylvaroth

First Post
Sounds quite cool. Somehow I get an image of a Kathaeron population dwelling in a place that is a mountainous tree, which is both a complete ecosystem of its own and the dungeon for an primeval entity. Would you care to EMAIL ME some of the material?

What are the stats of the Drowdemon and what kind of demon is his father?

Last edited:

Kathaer

First Post
Sylvaroth said:
Sounds quite cool. Somehow I get an image of a Kathaeron population dwelling in a place that is a mountainous tree, which is both a complete ecosystem of its own and the dungeon for an primeval entity. Would you care to EMAIL ME some of the material?

What are the stats of the Drowdemon and what kind of demon is his father?

Sorry Sylvaroth, but this is the first time i Write it... well.. i played all this stuff inventing it as a D.M. so, i know everything about this stuff.. but i didn't write anything, 'cause me and my friend used to play this at school when there wasn't lessons. ^_^ Looke Voolsen was a PC, and also AXIA, who discovered that he was daemon, etc.. ^_^ Sheelon looked like a Green Japanese dragon, that time i was really influenced by "Dragon Ball" and "Saint Seiya", so .. my friend Luca, who created a PC called "Bonus Lightblade" became a sort of "Dragon Knight", receiving a special armour from Sheelon. ^_-

etc. etc.

There's nothing drew, because.. i have to thank ML3, who drew the Elfgnomes for the first time...

P.S. In my last post, i talked about the GLUGLUK and the Jakatut Wax. I will post the stats..

i need to write them and test them a little (as the Sheet of Looke, because we didn't play the third edition that time. And when i took again in my hands my Campaign "Hearts of Aldebraan" i needed to start from a different point, so my pc hasn't meet the Kathaeron...
But "Brooka" the little ork, can fight them .. ^_^)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
How are these for slightly different?

Kraken Lord
Huge Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic)

A kraken lord is an aggressive, cruel, intelligent creature related to krakens. Some believe they are the next step in a kraken’s evolutionary process. Though while not as large or strong as a kraken they are more intelligent and, thus, more dangerous. Kraken lords breathe both air and water normally.

Kraken lords are most often found thousands of feet below the ocean but are becoming more common at shallower depths and underground environments. They love to flood Underdark caverns and cities near the ocean, allowing them to move in a take over. Once in these positions, it is almost impossible to rid a region of a kraken lord, as it tends to align with aboleths, kuo-toas, and sahuagin. Strangely, kraken lords don’t associate with krakens and will have one hunted down and killed if it wanders into its domain.

Kraken lords have a head like a kraken's body, along with its telltale tentacle appendages and a large beak on the front of their necks. They stand upright on two legs and also have two arms. A kraken lord’s four humanoid limbs end in four webbed digits with one of those digits opposable. A kraken lord’s eight tentacles are similar to a kraken’s and nearly as deadly. Six of the creature’s tentacles are 15 feet long; the remaining two are 30 feet long and covered with cruel barbs. From looking at a kraken lord, one would lead to believe that they would have trouble walking but the truth is that their powerful bodies are well muscled and they have no trouble walking on dry land or using their tentacles to attack while on land.

Epascro
Large Monstrous Humanoid

An epascro is an odd tauric creature with the lower body of an ape, the upper torso, arms, and head of an orc, and two strong, large wings, growing out of it’s ape-like body, that allows the creature to fly. The creature most often walks on its four ape-like limbs but can walk upright on its two rear limbs for short distances. It folds its wings over its back when not in flight.

Chulataur
Large Monstrous Humanoid

Nickname: Surf n' Turf

Chulataurs are a magical hybrid that combines the worst aspects of a chuul and a minotaur. The creature’s lower body is like that of a chuul including pincer-like claws, four webbed legs, and a wide tail. The upper portion of the creature has the torso of a minotaur including a bull-like head. The creatures fur and chitin are roughly the same color, a sickly combination of black and burnt orange. The main difference is that the chuul-like part of the body is burnt orange with mottled black splotches, while the minotaur-like part of the body is black with burnt orange spots.

Chulataurs, like chuuls, are known to collect trophies from their kills. However, unlike chuuls they do have the ability to use these items and are often encountered using manufactured weapons and any items that will fit their minotaur-like torso (i.e. rings, necklace, etc.). However, they cannot use full armor such a full plate or chainmail (a breastplate or chain shirt would be fine if it was large enough). If a victim hasn’t any interesting possessions, the chulataur takes its skull. Chulataurs wear these skulls around their necks and torso.

While chuuls most often live in marshes or jungles, chulataurs live underground. It is their minotaur heritage that drives them to live in the Underdark and these evil tauric creatures often subjugate entire tribes of Underdark-dwelling humanoids such as goblinoids, grimlocks, and orcs.

Hunter

First Post
Hey Everybody, fantastic art and monster concepts!
DungeonBlaster,

I am not sure if Ml3 has drawn this yet, but would you mind if I drew up a sketch for the Fane if ml3 is ok with it?

Thanks!

Hunter

Online Portfolio: http://www.pen-paper.net/gallery.php?artist=HunterMcFalls
e-mail: hunterm@mindspring.com

dungeon blaster said:
ml3, you really don't need to apologize to anyone; you are doing everyone here an incredible favor just by considering their requests. Most people neither have the money nor the desire to hunt for an artist and comission a piece. I'm just glad that so many people are getting their heart's desire.

On another point, I particularly enjoy the pictures that can be used by other people in their campaigns. I also like the picture of the red-eyed "It" from Adams Family.

Of course, I can't help but beg for a picture to call my own. I'll give a description, and hopefully it will spark your imagination:

The Fane i.e. the bane of all wizards, everywhere

A tall, gaunt, humanoid shaped creature dressed in a form-fitting black robe made of tattered shadow-stuff, and with a small cowl. Being somewhat immaterial, wind does not seem to affect these creatures in the slightest. They have no facial features, except for slight indentations where eyes should be. Essentially, they are a cross between the Gloom from the Epic Handbook and a Dementor (harry potter).

A Fane is almost always accompanied by 1-4 Thralls, ex-Wizards who have been enslaved by the Fane. The thralls wear tattered clothes (usually robes since they were once wizards) and appear almost feral and undead (having been drained of most of their intelligence, they are little more than animals). Their eyes are empty sockes and a viscous black fluid oozes out of their eye-holes, nose, and mouth. The thralls are used as "blood hounds", sensing the presence of magic and those capable of using magic, and leading the Fane to its next victim. Thus, the thralls are often hunched as if sniffing for the scent of magic. The Fane keeps control over the Thralls using a black shadow-stuff leash around each Thralls neck, traveling to the Fane's hand.

If you decide to draw this creature, feel free to embelish as you desire.

Keep up the good work!

Remove ads