• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ML3's FREE Home Brew Monster Art

Deadone

First Post
I wonder if I could make a request:

Zeypiaz: A beast about the size of a human hand, the writhing thing appears to combine the most horrific aspects of wasp, scorpion and spider. The main body is that of a spider, with eight legs ending in spinnaret adorned claws. From the hind part of the spider’s body extend three abdomens like those of three wasps. In place of the stinger on these are long scorpion tails, which drip green liquid. Two insectile wings extend from the things back, too small to allow for flight, but great enough to hurl the creature through the air with prodigous jumps, by which means the things hurtle towards you.

ml3

First Post
saved from the brink of page 2

Jodjod said:
But the kobold-halfling is a definite, right? ;)

(I kid, I kid.)

First, thanks to everyone for their support and kind words on this thread. I'm not here that often so I don't get to thank everyone as they come in so- thank you.

Jodjod, I took a shot at the kobold/halfling. Wasn't sure how prmitive or advanced they are, so I dressed him mostly as a halfling might. I think I got a good halfling/kobold and not half dragon look, even if its not quite what you had in mind.

halfling_kobold.jpg

Hunter

First Post
Thank you Ml3. Right now I am working on sketches for a Dracha and a half-fire elemental Cleric of St. Cuthbert so it might be awhile before I get to it. The creator specifically asked for you so he may want you to do it for him.

Great monsters and artwork on this thread!
Hunter

dungeon blaster

First Post
I'd be most thankful if you did, Hunter! I can't wait to see it! :D

As a side note, I did ask for ML3, partially because of his talent, but also simply because he seemed to be the only artist active at the time. I have no problems with anyone else drawing the Fane (i.e. as long as someone does it I'm happy).

Last edited:

Kathaer

First Post
what about a Fane fighting against a Kathaer and both controlled each one from Alexis des Noirs and the other controlled by Keel Tarqham? ^__^ ehhehehe

resistor

First Post
Hey, ML3, here's one for you if you're so inclined.

Silk Demons

Silk demons are cousins of succubi in the fiendish family tree, using similar techniques of entrapment to lure mortals to their dooms. Physically, silk demons appear as lengths of red, orange, yellow, and purple silk that twirl continuously as if caught in a wind. The silken folds hold vaguely to the form of a female humanoid, and in the midst of the silk float two glowing red eyes.

When I visualize silk demons, I like to think of taking a fan and pointing it straight upwards, and then tying lengths of silks to its grill so that they flutter upwards. I imagine them as being evermoving but also graceful and flowing in the same way that, say, oil swirls on the surface of water. They use their graceful forms to mesmerize mortals and lure them to their deaths.

Last edited:

ml3

First Post
Zeypiaz

spider_wasp.jpg
Deadone said:
I wonder if I could make a request:

Zeypiaz: A beast about the size of a human hand, the writhing thing appears to combine the most horrific aspects of wasp, scorpion and spider. The main body is that of a spider, with eight legs ending in spinnaret adorned claws. From the hind part of the spider’s body extend three abdomens like those of three wasps. In place of the stinger on these are long scorpion tails, which drip green liquid. Two insectile wings extend from the things back, too small to allow for flight, but great enough to hurl the creature through the air with prodigous jumps, by which means the things hurtle towards you.

Remove ads