mleibrock's in-game thread for Council of Thieves

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I took a square liberty with a couple of your positions. The brush is thick and you would be at a penalty if you were actually in the brush so I located you just behind. Attached is the map with everyone's location. If you are not satisfied, let me know and we can relocate your character before we get going. I chose a location for Tiko as I have not heard from Louis. [/sblock]

From your hiding spots, you can't actually see the transport approaching or how many men are accompanying the caravan but you see the cloud of dust rising and nearing you. You soon hear the hooves of several horses and the wheels of some type of transport wagon. The caravan is approaching from the left side of the map and it is clear when the wagon reaches the bridge as the sound of its wheels change as it moves from dirt to stone.

[sblock=OOC]I'm stopping with the wagon on the bridge in case anyone wants to make any changes. If all is good, we will proceed shortly. [/sblock]

Attachments

• Arael rescue site.xlsx
    10.9 KB · Views: 84

Scotley

Hero
Suzume rattles off a string of squawks and clicks under his breath that any close by can understand must be cursing his avian language. His distress at not putting at least one person with a good view of the road is evident.

Rhun

First Post
Anundr takes a deep breath, readies his blade, and prepares to charge.

OOC: I'm good w/Anundr's positioning.

mleibrock

First Post
Soon fighting sounds are heard and it is obvious the men in Janiven's group have moved into the open and are attacking the caravan. As you all move from your hiding spots, you see and enclosed carriage built to hold and transport prisoners just past the bridge. It is approximately 7 feet square and 5 feet high, riding about 2 feet off the ground with a running board on the sides and rear for easy climbing to the roof and interior. A team of two horses (hitched in series) pulls it, and the driver sits on a small bench attached to the front of the roof. The carriage hitch allows the horses to share a single 10-foot space. Mounted on top of the carriage roof is a Large heavy crossbow (essentially a small ballista); it can turn to fire in all directions. There are 12 Hellknights (other than the driver who looks to not be a hellknight) accompanying the prisoner's wagon, 4 of which are atop warhorses. Let's say two in front (1 and 2) of and two behind (5 and 6) the wagon. That leaves 8 more Hellknights on foot - 2 in front, 2 behind and 2 to each side of the wagon.

All roll initiative please. The other group of men with Janiven got the surprise round.

Attachments

• Arael rescue site.xlsx
    12.3 KB · Views: 87

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier L2

OOC: Dru's init = [roll0]

Dru holds his action until he sees what those closer to the Hellknights are doing, which could mean that he acts on count 18 normally, if a few of them beat his initiative.

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav2, sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier L2, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 24 [10+1Con+1FC+10+1Con+1FC]
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +2, CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +5 = +3[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.
*Aid Allies - adjacent ally receives a +3 bonus to his Armor Class, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [8 ranks at L2]:
Climb 1 ranks, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 ranks, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 ranks, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 ranks, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 2 ranks, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +6 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 2 ranks, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +6 (+7)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +5 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +5 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +4 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +4 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: The only reason that I can see for why it didn't work is because it was nested in [OOC tags....
But I don't even know if that's a real thing or not.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Liath crouches behind the bush, an arrow knocked and ready. Wait for the cart to fall back, girlie. Give it a sec, then if it looks like they're staying put you put an arrow in somebody.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Janiven's Initiative (1d20+4=19).

Is there anyone manning the crossbow on top of the wagon?[/sblock]

Remove ads