• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MM Firesnake up on Christopher Burdett's Blog

Scorpio616

First Post
Well, the Fire Snake is now up on my blog if you have not seen it yet! :)
fair use thumbnail.JPG
http://christopherburdett.blogspot.com/

Interesting design, with the almost rooster like appearance. Though I hope the beakyness disappears when they mature into salamanders.

HardcoreDandDGirl

First Post
How is that an issue? This is a game.

There was a time I had not thought of it myself. There was an discussion on GitPG last year that put it best. Once I saw it I couldn't unsee it. Why, why is it ok to kill a child, any child?

I'll try to do the giant Justice.

What makes a Dragon child different from a lion cub, or a bear cub? A full grown adult hunter taking down a lion cub isn't sport, but an Adventurer taking down a Dragon that just hatched?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
There was a time I had not thought of it myself. There was an discussion on GitPG last year that put it best. Once I saw it I couldn't unsee it. Why, why is it ok to kill a child, any child?

I'll try to do the giant Justice.

What makes a Dragon child different from a lion cub, or a bear cub? A full grown adult hunter taking down a lion cub isn't sport, but an Adventurer taking down a Dragon that just hatched?

Dragons are not real.

This is only a game.

Step away from the caffeine. :erm:

It's pretty sad when political correctness finds its way into gaming like this to this level. Next, every dungeon will have to have latrines. Then, men and women's latrine. Then, men, women, and monster latrines.

Ok, you do get how ludicrous the baby concept is, right?

Or do I have to take it a step further? Don't attack female monsters. That's domestic violence. A man should never ever ever strike a woman under any circumstance.

Let me go back to the concept "it's only a game". :lol:

drjones

Explorer
It's pretty sad when political correctness finds its way into gaming like this to this level. Next, every dungeon will have to have latrines. Then, men and women's latrine. Then, men, women, and monster latrines.

Utter BS, there is no political correctness in thinking about the morality in the fantasy world you are playing a RPG in. In fact it's one of the interesting things about it. If we wanted to play just kill :):):):) and who cares there are plenty of board games that would do a better job. Why does one character kill the goblin women and children and another one doesn't? Because moral questions are interesting drama 101. It's not just a game, it's a game where you make up a story that's worth taking part in.

In this case it's an interesting question, some characters might want to try to capture and domesticate a young monster or just leave them alone as part of the natural world. Others might not. Being able to role-play both convincingly is a sign that you are winning D&D I suppose.

If you want to play the game as just kill everyone you meet for XP and take their stuff and your group agrees that's great but making a stink at other people for doing it differently is a dick move.

Remove ads