• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MnM3 Centropolis (Re-bot)

Zerith

First Post
Honestly, its one of those weird things were it makes sense to have them just given out but at the same time they have a definitive point cost in the RAW.
That said, I Think GK is going with the common sense meathod: team mebers do, and everyone has a cell phone.
If needed Felix's wealth can cover over the counter things, like cell phones and Bluetooth head sets. (what was once comically high tech is now common place)

But if GK wants points used on them, then I'll go ahead and use the coming advancement point to do so.
That said, from how I DM, a power/paid for item that lets you talk to other people is more reliable and secure then the freebie stuff ;3

GreenKarl

First Post
Yea I just use the idea that you can have basic normal gear with spending points it is just not reliable and might not stand up to a super fight. So AEGIS could give the new people ear-plug radios but they might not survive the first attack that hits you. If you invest 1ep in one they work pretty well and don't break easily...

IC Coming

That's kind of why The Princess went to the Tower first. She figured there might be a final briefing. A tactical review. Something. At the moment no one really knows what anyone else can do and cannot communicate. She doesn't know AEGIS would have ear buds on the frequency the Centurions use so why would she go there to ask for one?

Heck, we don't even know where each other are stationed and given the level of stealth skill available, probably cannot spot one another. (The Princess' location is probably obvious to those hidden as she is glowing.)

GreenKarl

First Post
True but most of you are very new to superheroing and the Shadow and Kitsune are not really great at team stuff even after working together for the last year or so (mostly doing individual stuff :)) Maybe Princess can get them to start thinking that way... after this crises :D

Shayuri

First Post
That's actually true. Even in our two major super fights, we didn't really coordinate much. We just split up and did our own individual or duo battles.

Remove ads