• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MnM3 Centropolis (Re-bot)

Shayuri

First Post
You could teleport onto it maybe, and then try to find a joint or other opening in the chassis to peek through and gain a teleport avenue.

GreenKarl

First Post
Quick answer from the IC, no Hero Points from the last game did not roll over...

Everyone starts with one and some people got bonuses one already. You can also use Extra Effort and not spend the HP to resist Fatigue if you want.

Shayuri

First Post
Couple of questions!

First, can pieces of this thing be targeted? Like the sensor suits, independently of the rest of the body, in an attempt to disable specific abilities?

Also, this doesn't matter much since it's a 'monster' and isn't subject to character balance, but I wanted to point out that:
Big Fists: Area Bust 1 (30ft) on Unarmed Attacks ○ 1 points

...is actually 16 points if you want the area effect to do full damage. The Area modifier, applied to unarmed attacks, treats the Strength rank as the effect rank. This would mean the unarmed attack does Damage 16 on one specific target, and Damage 1 on all other targets within 30' of the main target.

Also, this:
Blaster Cannons: Blast 12, alt-power – Explosive Missiles Launders: Area Burst 3, Blast 10 ○ total 26 points

...is oddly constructed. The main power is 24 points, but the missile launchers are 50 points (1/rnk for damage, +1/rnk for ranged, +3/rnk for 3 levels of Area). It's also worth saying that missiles that do rank 10 damage across 240' area is basically like...firing tactical nukes or something. :)

GreenKarl

First Post
Damn my math :) yes the Missile are wrong as I was thinking about something else when I built them.
The fists should be correct as it is just a 30ft area and you need a Dodge of an 11 to avoid them. Editing now.

As it is a Robot you can target individual stuff, but you have to identify them first.

GreenKarl

First Post
I also edited the Support Cannons down to +6 as what I had originally pointing them out for... so the DC toughness saves for Felix and Princes Starlight are 21 not 25. I will edit the IC also

Shayuri

First Post
Well, an unarmed attack is basically a 'free' Damage power of rank equal to Strength.

But any modifier of that attack is paid for normally. So if I wanted to make a speedster who had Multiattack on his Unarmed Attack, I'd buy that Multiattack per rank of Strength, just as if it was a normal Damage effect. The same is true of the Area extra.

Remove ads