Mobility based build.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
A Teflammer (spelling?) Shadowlord, maybe? Never looked at it myself, but it's popular in char op for shadow pouncing. I assume it gets unlimited use dimension door or something like that.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Yes, but you need to actually be able to teleport very often for that to be useful...

Would the teleporting reserve power work? Otherwise I guess you're relying on a cohort to teleport you for you...

xigbar

Explorer
A Teflammer (spelling?) Shadowlord, maybe? Never looked at it myself, but it's popular in char op for shadow pouncing. I assume it gets unlimited use dimension door or something like that.

Well, it's some wasted feats, but the class IS really good. Other than that, how does one go about being a Shadow Stalker?

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I don't know what you mean by a Shadow Stalker.

If you can use PF feats, though, UC has a line of feats that might be useful. (Itsucks for monks, despite what the "Special" line might lead you to believe, don't try it with a monk)
[sblock]
Dimensional Agility
Teleportation does not faze you.
Prerequisites: Ability to use the abundant step class feature or cast dimension door.
Benefit: After using abundant step or casting dimension door, you can take any actions you still have remaining on your turn. You also gain a +4 bonus on Concentration checks when casting teleportation spells.

Dimensional Assault
You have been trained to use magical movement as part of your combat tactics.
Prerequisites: Ability to use the abundant step class feature or cast dimension door, Dimensional Agility.
Benefit: As a full-round action, you use abundant step or cast dimension door as a special charge. Doing so allows you to teleport up to double your current speed (up to the maximum distance allowed by the spell or ability) and to make the attack normally allowed on a charge.

Dimensional Dervish
You teleport with a mere thought, savaging your opponents as you flash in and out of reality.
Prerequisites: Ability to use the abundant step class feature or cast dimension door, Dimensional Agility, Dimensional Assault, base attack bonus +6.
Benefit: You can take a full-attack action, activating abundant step or casting dimension door as a swift action. If your do, you can teleport up to twice your speed (up to the maximum distance allowed by the spell or ability), dividing this teleportation into increments you use before your first attack, between each attack, and after your last attack. You must teleport at least 5 feet each time you teleport.
Special: A monk can use additional points from his ki pool to increase his speed before determining the total speed for this teleportation.[/sblock]

You might also want to look at a Swift Hunter build (Scout/Ranger).

Back to Swordsage, the Desert Tempest, Ring of Fire, and Tornado Throw maneuvers all directly benefit from high speed to do more damage and/or hit more enemies.

Right now, I am playing in a high level game with a Dervish using a guisarme. She has whirlwind attack, which with dervish dance basically means you're hitting every enemy you can get within reach of once (until you run out of movement; have to move 5 ft or more between attacks) in a turn as you dash by. She also has the Elusive Target feat, so rounds she isn't whirlwind attacking, she can purposely provoke AoOs for moving and when the foe misses, get a free (NOT an AoO, just free) trip attack on him. So her whole fighting style works around movement. If the game had allowed more sources, my original dervish idea was also with WWA, but Duskblade as the base class, so I could "hit every enemy on the screen" AND deliver a touch spell on them.

xigbar

Explorer
Sorry, I meant Shadow Walker, from it's prerequisites.

Alignment:​
Any nongood.

Skills:​
Hide 10 ranks, Move Silently 10 ranks.

Feats:​
Blind-Fight, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack.

Spellcasting:​
If the character is not a shadow-walker, he
must either possess the ability to shadow jump (as the shadowdancer
prestige class ability) or be able to cast
dimension
door
as a spell or spell-like ability.

Special:​
Sneak attack damage +2d6.

Special:​
The character must qualify to select regional feats
from Thesk (the region is his home region, or he has 2 ranks

in Knowledge [local—Thesk]).

BENINHB

First Post
Blade Dancer from Oriental Adventures really boosts speed and gives a bunch of other movement benefits.

At 10th level it gives Triple movement speed and +30 to Jump, Balance and Tumble checks and can always take 10 on them, even when circumstances would normally not allow.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
That's also very useful! What would be a good build using a ToB class as a base? I really would like to use Streamofthesky's Ninja sometime, but for this game, something with an official source is better.

Yeah, Straight Swordsage with no PrC's, or maybe a Jade Phoenix Mage (Swordsage/Wizard combo) would make the most of Maneuver progressions (and possibly arcane spells as well, haven't play tested if the build would be effective). Any other PrC's will take away from your Maneuver progression, so only consider dips if they'd improve the build.

Yes, but you need to actually be able to teleport very often for that to be useful...

Would the teleporting reserve power work? Otherwise I guess you're relying on a cohort to teleport you for you...
Shadow Blink, Shadow Jaunt, Shadow Stride and Leaping Flame are all teleport maneuvers.

Duke Arioch

First Post
Warlock... Flee the scene is dimension door leaving major image behind. And you have tentacles for battlefield control.
Have you considered shadowpouncing?

Remove ads