Modernized 3ed game in Marin CA (north bay SF area)

What do you think of Modernized D&D?

• Always wanted to hunt dragons with anti-tank cannons!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Could be cool if it doesn't kill the game balance or D&D style.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D&D wasn't meant to be played that way. Go play Shadowrun.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Opinion not covered by the above.

Votes: 0 0.0%

BlackJaw

First Post
I'm still looking for players for my 3ed game.

The games will (most likely) be once every two weeks on Tuesdays at or around 5:45 pm, and go on till we need to stop. It will take place in Novato (that's 20 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge on 101).

I'll be running my "post modern" dnd. That's a standard D&D setting with a twist of the modern world (NOT sci-fi) added in. It's basically a version of Greyhawk 2000 (from the Dragon Article)

We have not played yet, but current players are:
>> Ex-cop kicked off the force for drinking, turned monk in an attempt to go sober. (Male Human Monk lvl 1)
>> Gnome mortician turned adventure after losing his job for practicing dark magics (Male Gnome Necromancer lvl 1)
>> Doctor/medical researcher turned to adventuring in order in an attempt to atone for his past of human/humanoid testing. (Male Human Cleric lvl 1)

Why you should play:
>> Visit exciting places, meet interesting monsters, shoot them with magic shotguns. Hand guns, shotguns, riffles, goblin built SMGs, and full body armor like swat gear. Simply and easily added to the system without reinventing combat or swinging blance out of wack.
>> Rules for powered weapons like chain-saws, injection lances, cattle prods, and dwarf built circular axes (part battle axe, part buzz-saw)
>> Fireballs are still fireballs. Dragons still eat people, and elves are still arrogant to the younger races. This is not the modern world with magic, this is D&D with guns, cars, and computers.
>> The Gnome made Digital Demi-plane.
>> Goblin ruled underdark and vagabond surface Drow carnies.
>> Paladin fighter pilots, cleric surgeons, rogue hackers, urban druids, corprate sorcerers, and the occasional half-orc barbarian marine. All your standard classes in a modern world.

Questions and comments welcome.

Last edited:

Remove ads