• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[mods] EEEEK, to much email!

Kaiyosama

First Post
Awhile back I marked the box in User CP to email me when someone replied to a thread I subscribed to. Now my inbox is overflowing! I tried to turn it off, but some sort of evil must live in these servers, as they keep coming!

If a mod could smite this beast for me, I would be very greatful.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Well, it was already turned off....

What's probably happening is that you're still subscribed to all the threads that you've posted to up to now. I have no idea how to unsubscribe yourself from a thread. Anyone know?

EricNoah

Adventurer
Ok, I subscribed to a thread.

Now when I go to my User CP, I have a section called Subscribed Threads (it's below the sections New Private Message and Subscribed Forums). It shows my one subscribed thread, and a link next to it says Unsubscribe.

See if that helps.

Dungannon

First Post
Piratecat said:
Well, it was already turned off....

What's probably happening is that you're still subscribed to all the threads that you've posted to up to now. I have no idea how to unsubscribe yourself from a thread. Anyone know?
Does this mean the only way to NOT receive an e-mail every time someone posts to a thread your subscribed to is to unsubscribe the thread?

Dragongirl

First Post
Dungannon said:
Does this mean the only way to NOT receive an e-mail every time someone posts to a thread your subscribed to is to unsubscribe the thread?
Allegedly you will only get one email from replies until you visit the thread again.

Dungannon

First Post
Dragongirl said:
Allegedly you will only get one email from replies until you visit the thread again.
Nope. I get an e-mail for EVERY post made to a subscribed thread. You shoulda seen my inbox when I made the mistake of subscribing to my first Hivemind thread.

Knight Otu

First Post
Dungannon said:
Nope. I get an e-mail for EVERY post made to a subscribed thread. You shoulda seen my inbox when I made the mistake of subscribing to my first Hivemind thread.

When you reply to a thread, you get the option to subscribe to it. It is the second of the four check boxes below the post box. Uncheck it, and you do not get notifications.

Another thing to keep in mind, as long as you are logged on, you will receive notifications every time a post is made to a subscribed thread.

Dungannon

First Post
Knight Otu said:

When you reply to a thread, you get the option to subscribe to it. It is the second of the four check boxes below the post box. Uncheck it, and you do not get notifications.

Another thing to keep in mind, as long as you are logged on, you will receive notifications every time a post is made to a subscribed thread.
I always leave the "Email Notification: emails sent to you whenever someone replies. Only registered users are eligible." box unchecked, and I get e-mail notifications for every post regardless of whether I'm logged in or not.

Remove ads